F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some help on oil leak issue. I have had my 2015 in the shop on 6 different occasions trying to find out why my truck has a constant oil leak in showing in the typical rear main seal area. They have replaced the rear main seal a couple times, the oil pan gasket, and the latest was the "rear cover gasket" as they called it. The truck has 35,000 miles and has been happening about every 5,000 miles. I am beginning to believe this issue goes beyond a seal and could be a crank or bearing issue? Any help on this would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Could be a number of things, but if it's occurring from a different seal each time, I'd be suspecting excessive crank case pressure or faulty PCV system. They should be diagnosing the cause instead of just throwing parts at it. The truck is too young to be having all the seals fail so soon and so frequently.

If it's always the rear main seal and the other seal was coincidence, then I would suspect excessive crank walk. They should measure the crank walk to see if it's out of spec. Then you have internal engine issues.

I hope this helps as it's all just speculation over the internet for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever figure out what was going on with the oil leak? I’m just dropped off my 2015 3.5L eco with the same rear main seal leak with 37k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my oil leak. Truck has been in twice. Changed the rear main seal first time. Then the oil pan the second time and still leaking. But now the transmission has a atf leak too. It’s about to go back a third time. Wtf!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts