F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a brand new dealer lifted Fx4, they used a procomp lift kit and it has 35inch mickey thompsons.
when i take off hard, if the wheels break traction, im fine, but if the rear end hops, the transfer case smashes up against the floor!

heres a video i took to show what happens...

they (dealership and lift installers) (its all under warranty) do not think traction bars will solve issue!

there is very little clearance between floor of vehicle and transfer case, less than the mechanic from lift installers has seen before...
all components are installed properly and even procomp was consulted, and has never heard of this particular issue!

i am hoping someone out there has ideas that may have been overlooked

·
Registered
34 Posts
The transmission mount should be upgraded from factory rubber to a polyurethane mount. I have seen this problem on lifted Jeep Wranglers, upgraded mount really helped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The transmission mount should be upgraded from factory rubber to a polyurethane mount. I have seen this problem on lifted Jeep Wranglers, upgraded mount really helped.
They installed a "raptor" mount to replace the fx4 mount...its a pretty meaty part...

it didnt help...still bangs...
just as a test the mechanic jammed a rubber block between transfer case and floor...no banging...
so we know its this and not u-joint binding...or hitting some other place.

Photo 2013-02-11 10 47 28 AM.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have this exact problem noise on my 2012 lifted ecoboost, any one found any other solutions? will a full leaf pack help? Why would they make the transfer case clearance so tight?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Damn never heard that before have a 6" BDS with no problems, no clearance issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Damn never heard that before have a 6" BDS with no problems, no clearance issue
Really? Do you have blocks? Do you get bad wheel hop? I get the wheel hop really bad and then it bangs up through center console like its underneath, Sometimes on highway if I mash it does it too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Really? Do you have blocks? Do you get bad wheel hop? I get the wheel hop really bad and then it bangs up through center console like its underneath, Sometimes on highway if I mash it does it too.
Fox coilovers in front and 5" inch blocks in the rear with fox shocks. I mash mine all the time and have experienced wheel hop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im wondering if its pinion angle that could be causing all these issues, I guess I just need to bite the bullet and bring it to a different shop to look at

·
Registered
664 Posts
Im wondering if its pinion angle that could be causing all these issues, I guess I just need to bite the bullet and bring it to a different shop to look at
I don't see pinion angle affecting the transfer case. Pinion angle issues cause vibration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
jsm11
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing