F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm considering purchasing a F150 XLT Ecoboost, 302A package, but not firm on the XLT.
I tend to drive vehicles to the end. I currently drive the Ford Ranger I bought in 2000. It has 300,000 mile.

As silly as it might sound I don't know how to buy vehicles meaning negotiating and knowing if I'm getting taken or not.

I will be using the X Plan. I see on my company's X Plan web site that a certain truck has a "Net X PLAN." That price is $32,386. The dealer says the X Plan rice is $34,041.79.

That does NET X PLAN mean and is the dealer trying to make another $2000 from me?

Any advise on how to buy, what to look out for and not paying more than I should would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did X-plan and X-plan price is usually very close to the invoice price. Ask them to see invoice price. Also you may qualify for any one of a number of rebates that would be an additional discount over and above X-plan.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I used X Plan also. The X Plan price is listed on the invoice and they are supposed to show you the invoice. XPlan allows the dealer to charge the destination fee and up to $750 dollars "Administrative Fee". So depending on the destination charge that price might be really close. However the "administrative fee" can be negotiated out. I have bought several vehicles using x plan and have always negotiated the fees out. The destination charge cant be negotiated.

Btw, Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

SPPD

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wait till the end of the month to buy. Salesmen typically only get paid around 100-150 per sold vehicle. It's when they meet their monthly quota do they get paid their bonus. I also try to buy from a volume dealership. To give you an idea, I purchased my truck 2 weeks ago and got 10k off the MSRP.

2013 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 Off-Road ShortBox w/3.73

·
Registered
537 Posts
Take a look at this link. These prices are behind X-Plan and back of invoice. If you local dealer won't deal, fly down here have a salesman pick you up at the airport either DFW or Love Field and drive a new truck home. The prices are before TT&L. They do charge a smaller paperwork administration fee, but it is small. If you want a contact person at the dealership PM me, my son is a Sales Manager there.

New Car Search | Mac Haik Ford DeSoto | DeSoto Ford Dealer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your input.

jojrjen, thanks for the offer but I don't fly...I inspect airplanes for a living!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts