F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! hoping you can help me out. I have a 2012 f150 ecoboost fx4 and i have purchased a 6" pro comp lift kit. i want to get the new rockstar II's (20 by 9's) and a 35 by 12.5 tire but i dont know what offset to go with. it really confuses me lol. i want to put some flares on as well and obviously would like my tires to be flush with the outside of the flares. i dont mind if they even stick out a little further, i just really wanna make sure they aren't inside of the flares.
thanks in advance for the help guys

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What are the backspacing/offset options on the rockstar2?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
From my experience the tire shop you are dealing with should be your best option for that information.
If they don't know then you need to find a different tire shops.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Poor truck :( JK, but not JK.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
why you say that?
Everyone has personal tastes and preferences. You're not going to love every F150 that you see here, and not every member is going to love the look of yours. Don't worry about it...shoot for the look you envision in your head that you want your truck to look like. Some guys want super tall tires, some don't. Some guys like the tires pushed out away from the truck, some don't. I like the way mine has turned out so far, but if I was starting over again I would probably go with more positive offset to stick the tires inside a little more - although I do like the flares (a lot of people don't) - I didn't consider not only the additional width of the wheel, but also how much wider the total width of the taller tires would be. I was in too much of a hurry to get the factory chrome wheels and mini-van tires off of my truck.

Someone is always going to have more HP, bigger tires, brighter lights, deeper pockets, hookers in the back seat....whatever.....doesn't matter. It's YOUR truck! Go for it!!

That was pretty good advice above about going to your trusted tire/wheel dealer and letting them give you some options based on the look you're going for.

Good luck. Welcome to the forum, and your newest addiction. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
why you say that?
Any wheel with fake bolts needs to die a quick death.

My suggestion would be raptor takoffs. OEM, the backspacing you want, can be gotten pretty cheap, lots of tire sizes (and cheaper) compared to 20's. A 35x12.5 in 20 is $$$$

·
Registered
373 Posts
Any wheel with fake bolts needs to die a quick death. My suggestion would be raptor takoffs. OEM, the backspacing you want, can be gotten pretty cheap, lots of tire sizes (and cheaper) compared to 20's. A 35x12.5 in 20 is $$$$
Raptor takes would look good, but a 17" rim is too small for any lifts for our trucks, depending on the backspacing, either a 18" or 20" will be the smallest rim a lot of them suggest.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Raptor takes would look good, but a 17" rim is too small for any lifts for our trucks, depending on the backspacing, either a 18" or 20" will be the smallest rim a lot of them suggest.
I don't get what you're saying, stock tires on the raptor are 35" and he's going with 35's on a 6in lift. Wheel size is irrelevant if it clears the brakes, unless I'm missing something. I think they look great, and match up perfect with 2" flares, like these ones Ford Extend-A-Fender Flare Set of 4 | 20926-02 | Bushwacker Just my opinion, but I think the results are cleaner and everyone and their mother has those rockstar wheels. Personally, I'm waiting for 2015 black takeoffs.
1090182026.jpg

2015 FX4 package wheels, pure awesome compared to the 13/14's, can't wait to swap onto my truck
6124d1389632326-2015-ford-f150-trim-options-2015-fordf150-fx4-red-snow.jpg
Compared with
1558443_766490886110_1607241649_n.jpg

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't get what you're saying, stock tires on the raptor are 35" and he's going with 35's on a 6in lift. Wheel size is irrelevant if it clears the brakes, unless I'm missing something. I think they look great, and match up perfect with 2" flares, like these ones
17" rims aren't supposed to clear the suspension, after it's modified with a lift.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
17" rims aren't supposed to clear the suspension, after it's modified with a lift.
I don't know where you're getting your information from, but that can in no way be accurate.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't know where you're getting your information from, but that can in no way be accurate.
Go look at any brands 4", 6" or bigger lifts made for our trucks, smallest rim size that will fit is 18" with correct backspace. I wanted to lift my truck, but didn't want to give up my raptor rims...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for your input everyone. and i know everyone knows someone that has rockstars but not everyone has the II's.... yet at least lol. this is my second f150 i have had (rip) and i also still have a 2007 srt8 jeep so i've had this addiction for awhile. pretty much have a hard time saving much $$$ haha

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
thanks for your input everyone. and i know everyone knows someone that has rockstars but not everyone has the II's.... yet at least lol. this is my second f150 i have had (rip) and i also still have a 2007 srt8 jeep so i've had this addiction for awhile. pretty much have a hard time saving much $$$ haha
I love mine, you will too.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Go look at any brands 4", 6" or bigger lifts made for our trucks, smallest rim size that will fit is 18" with correct backspace. I wanted to lift my truck, but didn't want to give up my raptor rims...
I don't think that's the case, the only thing I can see being the issue is where the tires reach their max section width, but with any 12.5 it shouldn't be an issue. I'd ask them again.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
You won't clear the steering knuckles with 17's on most 4-6" lifts. I have to run 18 or bigger with the rancho 4" that I'm getting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts