F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So on break I adjusted the BOV to nearly all the way firm, the issue is still present but somewhat improved. Both on stock tune and with the 3 bar MAP and BT tune.

Tonight I will check the plethora of couplings and T clamps to make sure everything is tight.

The throttle position should not be changing...pressing the accelerator and it begins its dance, which made me wonder if the TB could be going belly up.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I wonder if it is leaking around the oversized coupling that came with the hot pipes...more than likely.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The throttle body will dance around based on the amount of airflow the MAP/TIP see.

You can rule out throttle body by comparing Throttle Angle Actual -> Throttle Angle Desired

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got it. Learn something new every day. Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
918 Posts
Yes and no. I’ll get hate for saying this but going from an eBOV to a mechanical BOV is a downgrade on our platform. Our calibration was designed to utilize an eBOV. Our eBOV doesn’t function like a normal boosted setup. It will actually command itself to open even when you’re accelerating.

The truck is not going to throw any codes etc because I imagine you have the provided Turbosmart Fool Plug.

What you’re describing sounds exactly like the issues I was having on my raptor when prototyping different intercoolers.
Yes! I totally agree with this. No hate here. The mechanical is way “cooler” but it just simply didn’t even work on my truck and I believe it was for this very reason

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Got it. Learn something new every day. Thanks!
Yeah, on these trucks the TB angle has almost zero correlation to throttle input. I say almost because it does open more when you are on the gas but it could be more open at part throttle than at WOT or anything in between.

The fact that it is dancing and the WGDC is staying pegged at zero seems to say that its having trouble hitting desired boost, and then when it does get there its having a lot of trouble controlling it. Im honestly suprised you have not seen and under/overboost code.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That makes sense. I have not heard the tell-tale sound of losing air, but that does not mean it is not happening. My bet will be the improperly sized couplers on the turbine output at the turbos going into the hot pipes. Properly sized will be here Thursday

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Okay, replaced the wrong sized couplers from the compressor side of the turbo to the hot pipes and drove the truck. No issues!

I experienced some of what would lead someone who did not know the truck...of a similar issue, but it was when the transmission shifted, which affected pedal position. So THAT is on me...not on the truck.

Pretty stoked, that little air leak was robbing power!

Uploading data log...

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Okay, so the PID's for "turbo bypass valve" and "turbo wastegate percentage"

Does this look right? Still detecting an air leak?

Just want to make sure everything is good to go.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts