F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to EB but long timer with Ford trucks. So far less than 1K on 2013 EB and loving the truck. My last truck was a 2011 5.0 that I up graded for extra kick in towing in hills. Many of other Fords before then. Love to 4x4 whenever I have free time and typically use truck when going to family property near Livermore area.

btw - Limited on the site banner a EB with no badge? Please tell me its not a 6.2! hehe

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to the forum LOF! Attention to detail buddy! Looks like we do have maybe the wrong truck in the header. Working on fixing that now!!

Hey all, new to EB but long timer with Ford trucks. So far less than 1K on 2013 EB and loving the truck. My last truck was a 2011 5.0 that I up graded for extra kick in towing in hills. Many of other Fords before then. Love to 4x4 whenever I have free time and typically use truck when going to family property near Livermore area.

btw - Limited on the site banner a EB with no badge? Please tell me its not a 6.2! hehe

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey welcome to the site ggreat to have you on board. What do you like about the EcoBoost over the 5.0L V8 and why you traded up to a EcoBoost? I only ask because I was inches away from considering the 5.0l but decided with the amount og towing I do and distance and terrian the Ecoboost was better (Which also nudged out the 6.7L TD I was considering too).

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome! Good choice on the EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum LOF! Attention to detail buddy! Looks like we do have maybe the wrong truck in the header. Working on fixing that now!!
Hah, attention to detail is part of what I do everyday. Thank you all for welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey welcome to the site ggreat to have you on board. What do you like about the EcoBoost over the 5.0L V8 and why you traded up to a EcoBoost? I only ask because I was inches away from considering the 5.0l but decided with the amount og towing I do and distance and terrian the Ecoboost was better (Which also nudged out the 6.7L TD I was considering too).
Loved both trucks. I leased the 5.0 because I could not find an ECO at all at the time but had zero issues with it. I would recommend the 5.0 if you live in a high humidity area because of all the problems ECO have in that climate. Something I copied from car site and cannot verify its 100% accurate:

Hundreds of EcoBoost F150 owners in states with high humidity are reporting problems with engine shudder, stalling, and power loss.

According to our investigation, the problem is caused by condensation forming inside the air intake tubing, specifically inside the Charge Air Cooler.

Evidently, on trucks driven in humid climates, there is sufficient condensation to cause the engine to shudder or stall during acceleration, and some F150 owners have even reported that their engine has dropped into "limp" mode immediately after a shudder or stall occurs.

While Ford has offered a fix (which consists of an engine programming update and a shield designed to drain water away from the engine), it's too early to tell if this fix works.

Additionally, the long-term effect of water ingestion on all the effected EcoBoost engines is unknown.

Aside from that I have to haul over steep hills when going to the family property and wanted that extra torque and didnt want to deal with 6.2L MPG. Typically the motto for hauling is "Big loads = big engine" but the ECO does the job very well. I am no serious hauler but if you are then I would def recommend a Super Duty.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
LOF

The shudder problems have been resolved with a change in design of the CAC (intercooler).

SPPD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOF

The shudder problems have been resolved with a change in design of the CAC (intercooler).

SPPD
I had no doubt Ford would fix it. I am just curious as to the ECO real world testing and how specific climates were missed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Lord-of-Ford
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing