F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried posting this in the appearance section but didn't get any feedback.

Is there a mod that will allow me to keep the fogs on with my hi beams on too? It seems pretty dumb that they don't stay on with both settings.

I used to drive a Lifted 97 Tahoe, and they called it a "4 Hi Mod" on those, but is there ANYTHING out there that I can do to change this on my truck?

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
135 Posts
It might be in some states, like California, but not all. I would be interested in doing this mod. But I don't think that we can call this the 4 high mod because we don't have separate high beams to give us 4 lights on plus fogs. Maybe we call it the 2 high mod!

Reactions: Specs3.5

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it as having 4 lights on in high beam mode! But you bring up a great point!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know on my 1999 F150 you could pull the light switch out and grind off a tab which would allow the driving lights to be on all the time. On our 2001 Sport Trac, you had to place a jumper in the fuse box that allowed them to stay on when the high beams were switched on. There has to be a way to do it and was hoping some one here had already found the answer. Some afternoon when boredom strikes and there's snow on the ground maybe all start chasing wires...

·
Registered
873 Posts
It might be in some states, like California, but not all. I would be interested in doing this mod. But I don't think that we can call this the 4 high mod because we don't have separate high beams to give us 4 lights on plus fogs. Maybe we call it the 2 high mod!
Must be enough of them that it isn't allowed. If it was a minority, 4-15 I would think it would be a cheap dealer fix

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I tried posting this in the appearance section but didn't get any feedback.

Is there a mod that will allow me to keep the fogs on with my hi beams on too? It seems pretty dumb that they don't stay on with both settings.

I used to drive a Lifted 97 Tahoe, and they called it a "4 Hi Mod" on those, but is there ANYTHING out there that I can do to change this on my truck?

Thanks y'all!
Two diodes on the plug under the dash...I did it on my Silverado.
I had 4lo and 6hi.
Fogs always on with low beams, and highs would keep them all on.
There were a couple of those little shitcan cars that regretted cutting me off. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Someone asked this on another forum and I believe they were told it was controlled by the PCM. If wanting to bypass it and do it was quite a bit of wiring. Would probably be easier to just get a set of extra lights and wire them in.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Two diodes on the plug under the dash...I did it on my Silverado. I had 4lo and 6hi. Fogs always on with low beams, and highs would keep them all on. There were a couple of those little shitcan cars that regretted cutting me off. :) Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Haha but yes cars that cut you off or flash you because they think your brights are on. They would get this(previous to me de-modding the truck)
Bi-xexon hid retrofits 6000k
Rigid dually's
Fogs

Whenever I get around to getting a new truck will have rigid d2's behind the grille and also replacing the fogs, as well as a set of dually's on outlaw raptor hood mounts, and a set of d2's rear facing below the bumper on a switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Look up Innova. They make what's called the 'Brite Box'. It should help you out. It's a harness made specifically for your vehicle.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I understand the need for illumination, but the realities of the fog lamps are that they are engineered to cast a narrow height, wide width beam, intended to light nearer to the ground where there is less fog, in the actual event of fog, the more light you cast at or above the elevation of the headlights, the less visibility you provide yourself due to the light reflecting on or better stated off of the solid particles of moisture (fog)

Yes, this from a guy with 6000k HID fogs and headlights that drives with both of them on all the time (unless there's fog!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Lilcrazyone, which model Duallys are those? And how did you mount and wire them up? I may be interested in going that route...Do they run hot?

akmedic, I will look into Innova as well. Thank you for the direction! UPDATE: The website is only showing a Brite Box for up to 2011 models...anybody use this on a newer model yet?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Lilcrazyone, which model Duallys are those? And how did you mount and wire them up? I may be interested in going that route...Do they run hot?
Dually floods, mounted to the rad support. But if I were to do it over again I would take a chunk to metal and bolt it to the rad support and then bolt the dually's to the metal as mine were pretty tight against the rad support. If you enlarge the picture, should be able to see where they are mounted, and I used the wiring harness and switch that rigid provides.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dually floods, mounted to the rad support. But if I were to do it over again I would take a chunk to metal and bolt it to the rad support and then bolt the dually's to the metal as mine were pretty tight against the rad support. If you enlarge the picture, should be able to see where they are mounted, and I used the wiring harness and switch that rigid provides.

They didn't run hot enough to worry about warping the plastic grille? That setup would be exactly what I want for the backroads and the lease!

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
373 Posts
They didn't run hot enough to worry about warping the plastic grille? That setup would be exactly what I want for the backroads and the lease! Thanks for the info!
Nope, they will have a bit of heat, but not that hot. The housing is made from aluminum and has fins on the back to help cool and displace heat

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

akmedic, I will look into Innova as well. Thank you for the direction! UPDATE: The website is only showing a Brite Box for up to 2011 models...anybody use this on a newer model yet?
If you call the number and talk to someone, they will build one for you and try and match your request. Might even include the cost to add the Rigids in the harness that they make...

Reactions: Specs3.5
1 - 20 of 21 Posts