F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
It has been 12 days since I have even seen or driven my EcoBeast!

All together now

"HI SPPD"

My wife has been away at a work conference for a week and before that we were in the Dells. Being Mr. Mom to my 4 kiddos for the last week I have been driving my wifes Mini-Van and on the Dells trip we took the van. I parked the EcoBeast in the garage and have had no reason to go out there so for all I know it could have been stolen. I just trembled a little at the thought.

So anyway I have been Boosting Vicariously thought all of you.

So as you can see I am overcome with boredom with the wife away and all the kiddos asleep. The good news is my wife comes home tomorrow so I can again wear my big boy pants and drive my beloved EcoBeast. They say that absense makes the heart grow fonder, but it is impossible for me to be any fonder of the amazing truck I have named EcoBeast. I guess I could have applied that old adage to my wife, but she just got to spend a week in Disney World so I am mad at her.

I think I am border line delirious right now and the only cure will be some good old turbo spooling, tire ripping, stereo blasting alone time with ****** out in the garage.

Once more, I am SPPD and I am an Eco-holic.

Thanks for listening lol,

SPPD

I know the feeling. I am a rotational worker and leave mine at home or at the office for up to a month. So much fun to hear that turbo start to move. I use the auto start and stand outside for a minute and just listen. And then I get in and wind them up going down the road. Since its up to 7K miles they are starting to make some noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TraciInTexas
LOL, and that is a long time to go without it!!

I hope your recovery goes well. LOL

It has been 12 days since I have even seen or driven my EcoBeast!

All together now

"HI SPPD"

My wife has been away at a work conference for a week and before that we were in the Dells. Being Mr. Mom to my 4 kiddos for the last week I have been driving my wifes Mini-Van and on the Dells trip we took the van. I parked the EcoBeast in the garage and have had no reason to go out there so for all I know it could have been stolen. I just trembled a little at the thought.

So anyway I have been Boosting Vicariously thought all of you.

So as you can see I am overcome with boredom with the wife away and all the kiddos asleep. The good news is my wife comes home tomorrow so I can again wear my big boy pants and drive my beloved EcoBeast. They say that absense makes the heart grow fonder, but it is impossible for me to be any fonder of the amazing truck I have named EcoBeast. I guess I could have applied that old adage to my wife, but she just got to spend a week in Disney World so I am mad at her.

I think I am border line delirious right now and the only cure will be some good old turbo spooling, tire ripping, stereo blasting alone time with ****** out in the garage.

Once more, I am SPPD and I am an Eco-holic.

Thanks for listening lol,

SPPD
Hey SPPD I feel your pain...LOL...good post! I know the feeling, I had a job this week involving hauling a considerable number 4X4 posts and many bags of cement, while the Ecobeast would have been up to the task, I decided to use my 2003 F250. I have been trying to sell the F250 so thought the road exposure with the 4sale signs might be a good thing............these trucks different as night and day! The F250 is big, clumsy and SLOW, everything the ecobeast is not! Anyways, the jobs done and I'm back in the beast and loving it!! Hang in there!.............John

I have felt your pain SPPD. I have been traveling so much this year for work, it feels like I have spent more time away than I have at home. One trip was 9 weeks long, and the first thing that I did when I got back was go for a long drive in my truck :)

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I am almost there! Lol

SPPD

Whatever you do... Don't think about the incredible torque the EB puts out, don't think about the smooth ride, don't think about the sound of twin turbos spooling, don't think about driving around knowing that your truck is hated by all other trucks on the road, and most of all... Don't think about the absolute joy when you slam on the gas to make a quick left Lane pass!!!!!

Avoid all those thoughts and you MAY make it till you're reunited with the captains chair!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Just a little over an hour to go!

SPPD

with the windows up i dont even hear the little baby turbos on the eco boost so what do we have to look forward to all winter long ?
i know you guys in TX dont worry about that but here in the north east when it gets cold it stays cold for a while

I have owned the truck for 4 days now, and am beginning to find excuses to go out in the garage just to check on the truck! I already did this with my Vette - so I realize I am already becoming addicted...I wonder if there is a support group-like EBAA? (ecoboost-aholics-annonymous). My wife says that I am beginning to make whistling sounds when a snore...:rolleyes:

We haven't heard from SPPD. I hope his recovery is going well.;)

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Hello friends,

I had a major relapse last night, but it's all good!
I was supposed to Tow today which would have been a great way to reunite with my Eco-Vice, but the RV shop called last night to tell me my SolAire is still torn down since they were still waiting on the parts. I might see if there is an open track or test and tune tonight and take a few runs instead. I will keep you posted!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.