F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon fellow boosters!

I just purchased my first new vehicle in January, and I decided to use my sister-in-law's A-Plan pricing to purchase a 2013 Blue Flame XLT Texas Edition Screw 4x4 Off Road F150! This is a massive upgrade from my 2002 Honda Civic without AC! I currently reside in Brownsville, Texas where I teach 7th grade English & Reading. The truck has already ben dirtied on a 1/2 mile trail near my home. I love this truck and I can see myself keeping it for many years! I want to go out to South Padre Island and Boca Chica Beach so I can try out the sand, but I still need to purchase a few tools before that happens.

My first order of business is to get my windows tinted and add some Rigid D2 Driving Lights using hood mounts.

I hope to learn a lot from all of you!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reactions: GeneralSantaAna

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome, General. From Wikipedia:

The Battle of San Jacinto, fought on April 21, 1836, in present-day Harris County, Texas, was the decisive battle of the Texas Revolution. Led by General Sam Houston, the Texian Army engaged and defeated GeneralAntonio López de Santa Anna's Mexican army in a fight that lasted just 18 minutes. About 630 of the Mexican soldiers were killed and 730 captured, while only nine Texans died.
Santa Anna, the President of Mexico, was captured the following day and held as a prisoner of war. Three weeks later, he signed the peace treaty that dictated that the Mexican army leave the region, paving the way for the Republic of Texas to become an independent country. These treaties did not specifically recognize Texas as a sovereign nation, but stipulated that Santa Anna was to lobby for such recognition in Mexico City. Sam Houston became a national celebrity, and the Texans' rallying cries, "Remember the Alamo!" and "Remember Goliad!" became etched into Texas history and legend.

The_Battle_of_San_Jacinto_(1895).jpg

Reactions: GeneralSantaAna

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Welcome from NW PA!

KCCO!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will like those Rigids...(some would say 'Don't drink the kool-aid' - do it anyway!).

I'm having the 3rd Rigid setup installed on mine today...

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Carlos? Welcome!

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am still more than sure that the Alamo belongs to my family.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum! You will like those Rigids...(some would say 'Don't drink the kool-aid' - do it anyway!).

I'm having the 3rd Rigid setup installed on mine today...
I absolutely love what you, VolForLife, and Pero have done with your setups!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Awww you're missin half the fun not installing them yourself and cussing all that wiring!

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk
I'm sure I could do the install, I just have an issue with cutting into the wiring on my truck. I leave that to the experts. Then I can rely on their warranty! I'm wondering if they would have let me help?

I absolutely love what you, VolForLife, and Pero have done with your setups!
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I'm sure I could do the install, I just have an issue with cutting into the wiring on my truck. I leave that to the experts. Then I can rely on their warranty! I'm wondering if they would have let me help?
LOL I doubt it...maybe if they charged you triple!

Labor Rate: $75/hr

If customer worked on it first: $150/hr

If customer watches: $225/hr

You get the idea....;0)

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: leverkyle
1 - 20 of 22 Posts