F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

i just installed an h13 bi-xenon hid kit in my 2012 ecoboost . seems i get a flickering problem on both driver and passenger side lights but not at the same time they do not strobe on or of but the dim and go bright like a heart rate

does it in drl mode hi beam and low beam even if the truck is running or not

anyone have this issue ? what did you do to fix it ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The guy on ebay selling these things ,says IF you have a flicker you have buy another item he sells.,Sorry can't remember what it is.
Go to ebay check out the HID lights.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are you using the OEM light harness to power the lights and ballast or are you using an aftermarket provided harness?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you using the OEM light harness to power the lights and ballast or are you using an aftermarket provided harness?
the kit came with a harness that plugs to one headlight clip then one wire goes to the battery 2 ground wires ...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Not trying to be sarcastic but, where did you buy them and why are you not getting help from them?

I just had some work done at a local shop that sells HID kits. I asked about pricing. It went from something like $100-200-300. I asked the difference in price and he said it was the ballast. Better ballast with increase in money. Cheaper ballast has one year warranty while it increased by 1 year in increments of cost.
We took his car equipped with HID low beams to the store so I saw his HID lights. My lights with PIIA bulbs were almost twice as bright as hid HID kit lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i called supernova. the company that is on the box ... they say its probably a bad ground but on the harness there is only a 10 inch wire for the ground so it doesnt give me much options as to where to ground them .. and as im in canada i cant really drive out to new hampshire to have them look at it .. the kit has a 5 year warranty and cost me 300 cdn

i really wasnt kidding around when i said the office was in new hampshire

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
well i called supernova. the company that is on the box ... they say its probably a bad ground but on the harness there is only a 10 inch wire for the ground so it doesnt give me much options as to where to ground them .. and as im in canada i cant really drive out to new hampshire to have them look at it .. the kit has a 5 year warranty and cost me 300 cdn

i really wasnt kidding around when i said the office was in new hampshire
If you've got a soldering iron you can extend the ground wire by adding additional length.
If not you can use a butt connector and crimp on more length.
Either way it is an easy fix. Where in NH are they located? I live in NH.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im going to try and find a better ground just have to wait till it warms up a bit this -26c is not fun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts