F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen or know of a kit that will allow for a hidden winch in the bumper on the Ecoboosts? My understanding is they don't work on the ecoboost due to the inter cooler but certainly someone will figure this out....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Any winch mounted in front of the intercooler will block a lot of air to it. I plan to run a winch and installed Full Race's front mount intercooler which moves it from the factory location to behind the grille. The next thing for me to do is get the rough country hidden winch plate and then install it and a winch.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any winch mounted in front of the intercooler will block a lot of air to it. I plan to run a winch and installed Full Race's front mount intercooler which moves it from the factory location to behind the grille. The next thing for me to do is get the rough country hidden winch plate and then install it and a winch.
I checked out the Full Race kit. Too steep for me, but I have no plans to install a winch. But it's good to know of a relocation kit.
Got any pics of your installation to share?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I checked out the Full Race kit. Too steep for me, but I have no plans to install a winch. But it's good to know of a relocation kit.
Got any pics of your installation to share?
Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.
reviving this thread.. I'm thinking of doing exactly this to my truck when it arrives.. any pictures of the truck with the full race intercooler and the rough country hidden winch installed?

·
Registered
373 Posts
reviving this thread.. I'm thinking of doing exactly this to my truck when it arrives.. any pictures of the truck with the full race intercooler and the rough country hidden winch installed?
Nope, I've since decided to get a f350 6.7l diesel before I ever ordered the hidden winch plate or the winch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope, I've since decided to get a f350 6.7l diesel before I ever ordered the hidden winch plate or the winch.
well then.. so much for the revival.. but congrats on the new ride :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you noticed an increase in your engine temp or oil temp? Seeing it ia fully covering the radiator and seems like it would affect the air flow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
New truck is still a couple months out.
ah ok.. just wondering.. did you install the upgraded intercooler yourself? or did you have someone else do it? looked over the instructions on full-races website... doesn't seem too complicated, however, i'm not exactly a mechanic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pretty easy to do by oneself.
Awesome! Any issues with the intercooler? how about warranty? (it is bolt on so don't see it voiding warranty)... It just seems odd.. Ford made such a big deal about leaving the gaping hole in the front bumper open for air and now we are relocating the intercooler to the rear.. anyways.. just ruling out all doubts before i go ahead and order :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts