F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this issue? When I am driving at night with the HIDs on my truck, I notice it can be difficult to see around corners. The headlights do a great job straight ahead, but because of their laser-like beams, it can make it challenging to see around corners as you turn (especially on really dark road/streets). Is there an after market solution anyone can suggest?:confused: Some cars have turn lights to illuminate corners when the the turn signal is activated. Is there an option for the eco-beast?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I have a nice, bright flashlight in my truck!

i haven't seen anything... Would it be possible to wire an LED rigid light to work in sync with the turn signal? I've never seen any such installation but just thinking out loud to help with ideas...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I plan to do an HID projector retrofit into my truck. I already have all the parts, I just need to get off of my butt and start working on it. Shopping for components to build your own will enlighten you to the fact that all HID projectors are not created equal...far from it. One of the keys to a good projector is the width of the beam of usable light. I have no clue how the factory F150 measure in this category but I do know that retrofitters are pulling the stock HID components out of the Ford HID systems and upgrading them to units that outperform them. These aren't people looking for blue/purple/rainbow lights, these are folks who are gunning for visibility. If you get a chance to compare the spread of light from your HID lights against a halogen equipped F150 then you'll know if you are outperforming them in width. Go to warehouse type building at night and shine your headlights at one of the wide walls straight on. you should see a definite cutoff line and it'll be easy to see how wide it is at distances if you can back away. If you can't see the cutoff line while looking out of you side window from the parkinglot then you may want to consider upgrading components. A great DIY source can be found at www.theretrofitsource.com . One of the well know vendors for this service is can be found there as well   Custom Retrofitted F150 Bi-Xenon HID Projector Headlights  - bilinvic Retrofits

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an idea - I can see maybe getting into trouble with a wayward boulder on a dark fire trail after the sun goes down or worse some munchkin on a bicycle on a darkened street corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts