F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression they fixed this issue in the newer models, but my 2013 demonstrated it for me yesterday. I haven't taken it to the shop yet, but was wondering if others have this issue with new trucks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What is you build date? Also raise the hood and get me the parts number on the driver's side end of the CAC (intercooler). It is possible that you have a very early production date 2013.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know this is one of the only re-occuring problems that we (EB owners)have been having. I talked to my dealership about this. They looked up my truck and said there is no re-call on my truck for this. I bought it in feb. of 12 and it is a twelve model. came straight from the plant on a train to me...They better not be lying to me! I have almost 25,000 miles on it now and "touch wood" no problems so far. Why is this happenning to some and not others??? I'm confused on this.:confused: I would just hate for this to happen to me when I'm in the mountains with my toy hauler hooked up. I have given Ford the opportunity to change out the CAC but they told me there is no reason too! Again they better be rite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have seen 2013 without the updated parts. the updated parts include a air deflector sheild on the front side of the intercooler that goes down about 8 inches from the top of the intercooler. if the sheild is present you should be good, if not ford should be installing a new
intercooler, updated air deflector and reprogamming the pcm to latest calibration. ford is also continuing to invetagate the humidity concern and will release more info down the road

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I guess back to the dealership then...I asked them specifically about this a few months ago,they checked my vin# and said there is no recall on my truck! I am going to call them again and see! My only concern is that I am going to get my truck tuned...I will be able to return it to the complete stock setting though. I know they could find out that I have done the tune, I just hope Ford is good enough to realize this is not as tuner problem but a OEM problem! I don't mind paying for something that is my fault, but I do have a problem with paying for an original equipment malfunction that has been proven to be just that! Especially when I shelled out almost $50k for a substandard product.(cac)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well I guess back to the dealership then...I asked them specifically about this a few months ago,they checked my vin# and said there is no recall on my truck! I am going to call them again and see! My only concern is that I am going to get my truck tuned...I will be able to return it to the complete stock setting though. I know they could find out that I have done the tune, I just hope Ford is good enough to realize this is not as tuner problem but a OEM problem! I don't mind paying for something that is my fault, but I do have a problem with paying for an original equipment malfunction that has been proven to be just that! Especially when I shelled out almost $50k for a substandard product.(cac)
It is NOT a recall, it is a TSB. There is a substantial difference between the two.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It is NOT a recall, it is a TSB. There is a substantial difference between the two.
Ok, Please educate me....what does TSB stand for? I'm not down with all the short hand.(just figured out what IMO ment.lol)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin: They will replace the CAC if you have symptoms that match the TSB. But it does not affect all vehicles. Good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin: They will replace the CAC if you have symptoms that match the TSB. But it does not affect all vehicles. Good luck!
Good stuff,thanks. I will try and convince them to replace as a preventative measure...I know,I know Good Luck rite. worth a try!

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
i have seen 2013 without the updated parts. the updated parts include a air deflector sheild on the front side of the intercooler that goes down about 8 inches from the top of the intercooler. if the sheild is present you should be good, if not ford should be installing a new
intercooler, updated air deflector and reprogamming the pcm to latest calibration. ford is also continuing to invetagate the humidity concern and will release more info down the road

Is this the updated design? Part# DL349L440AD471

Iron Mountain-20130414-00271.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is you build date? Also raise the hood and get me the parts number on the driver's side end of the CAC (intercooler). It is possible that you have a very early production date 2013.
I'm guessing 11/05/12 is the build date. It is on a sticker with bar code on the left side near the battery.
mfg date.JPG

This is the sticker on the right side of the intercooler.

intercooler #.JPG

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Your build date is on the laminated sticker inside your drivers door.
It is probably the same as the sticker by the battery though.

SPPD

·
Registered
191 Posts
yes that is the updated intercooler and air deflector sheild, you're all good!
I agree, you have the latest parts. Mine was built about a month before the OP's and it also has the latest parts. So far in 1000 miles mine has been perfect (knock on wood).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2013 with a build date of 3/15/2013 witch numbers on the inter cooler are you looking at to determine if you have the new one. I think this is the part#DL349L440AD 670

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a '13 supercrew 4x4 with a build date of 12/12 and it does have the plastic shroud on the innercooler. I only have 1500 miles on the truck and just today I drove from Minneapolis to Sioux Falls (270 miles) in rain with temp around 35 deg. F. I have not had any problems until pulling off the interstate ramp today near the end of my trip, after coasting down to around 60 mph coming off the offramp I floored it (just screwing around a little I guess) and the check eng light came on, lost power and it started running rough. I let off the gas and after about 30 seconds everything returned to normal. After being home for a few hours I took it back out on the highway and could not get it to act up again. I will call the dealership tomorrow and post again if I learn anything...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a '13 supercrew 4x4 with a build date of 12/12 and it does have the plastic shroud on the innercooler. I only have 1500 miles on the truck and just today I drove from Minneapolis to Sioux Falls (270 miles) in rain with temp around 35 deg. F. I have not had any problems until pulling off the interstate ramp today near the end of my trip, after coasting down to around 60 mph coming off the offramp I floored it (just screwing around a little I guess) and the check eng light came on, lost power and it started running rough. I let off the gas and after about 30 seconds everything returned to normal. After being home for a few hours I took it back out on the highway and could not get it to act up again. I will call the dealership tomorrow and post again if I learn anything...
This exact thing happened too me at about the same milage! It was the #1 cylinder coil...quick fix no big deal. I have over 20,000 miles on it now,no issues. Let us know how it turns out...If I was a betting man I'd bet it's the same thing. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
28 Participants
theasphaltrv'er
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing