F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that I would see if anyone else is experiencing this. I have a 2011 f-150 eco. When I come to a stop the engine rpm's are around 1100 for just a second or two. Its almost as if the truck is still trying to go even though your foot is off of the gas and on the brake. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
Yeah, I took it in for service. They kept the truck for 3 days before saying they could not find anything wrong.
Thanks for the help
Johnny

·
Registered
589 Posts
I haven't noticed my truck ever doing that but I will look tomorrow and see if it keeps the RPMs up that high for a sec or two on my drive into work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not had that happen. Weird they can't find it. If it was me I'd ask the Service Manager to ask the regional factory rep to visit the dealership and meet with him, the Service Manager, any others that could be of help.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I tried to replicate this on my vehicle this morning and here is what I noticed. If I slow roll for a while to about 10mph and the brakes at about 10mph the car down shifts to 1st gear and the rpms go uo to about 1100rpms for just a second and than returns to idle when I stop. It doesnt feel like it wants to accelerate rather than stop. If this is the issue you are having it might just be the tranny down shifting just before you stop which I think would be normal. I have driven manual trans for years so I dont really remember this happening in past vehicles, but I wasn't really looking for it.

I hope this helps.

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
I can Validate with SPPD as this is what took place on my drive this morning too. The 1st gear in the tranny is mondo steep and anything under 10mph to stop causes the down shift with a little high idle for a second than drops. Seems normal to me and saves on the brakes when rolling to a stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Eco73
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing