F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 f150 3.5 eco 4x4 MPT E30 tune, AMS pipes, AMS downpipes, Rush exhaust, AFE CAI
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having similar issues, and any suspension work that helped? Lots of room left in the truck. Was on tollway today and hit 135 and had to let off, too much wobble, swaying, felt unsafe. I have stock suspension.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Sustainable 130+ in a truck is not going to be ideal. Lots of air going under it.

I would be concerned about the tires and driveshaft as well

·
Registered
2018 f150 3.5 eco 4x4 MPT E30 tune, AMS pipes, AMS downpipes, Rush exhaust, AFE CAI
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on upgrading suspension and sway bars. Just wanted to see if others have noticed the same things at high speeds, and if suspension work helped. I have lowered the rear a bit and would like to lower the truck to a 2/4 drop at most.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I plan on upgrading suspension and sway bars. Just wanted to see if others have noticed the same things at high speeds, and if suspension work helped. I have lowered the rear a bit and would like to lower the truck to a 2/4 drop at most.
Good gravy, man, it's a truck, not a sports car. If you want to go really fast, get a BMW or a Corvette. Trucks have a different purpose in the world; use them for what they're good for.

I had a 535i xDrive. Had it to 120 once. Could not believe how much space was needed to get it back down to 60. I'm sure it would have done more; I wouldn't. Clear, dry day with a couple mile hole in the traffic on an interstate.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s some crazy driving. 90 mph is the most I’ve done. Is that a 4x4?
Yes 4x4. However not using on tollway at those speeds. Only use 4x4 to launch, as I have no traction until middle of third gear in 2wd.
"Your Honor, at this time we would admit State's Exhibit 'A' into evidence."

And, based on your previous post (305 50r20 with slight offset 10"wheel. Anyone?), you're running 305/50R20 Dynapro AT2s with a non-stock offset... placing already wider-than-stock tires quite a bit further away from the truck. And you're surprised that you're getting a death wobble?
I have the same issues on the stock wheels and tires BTW. The new wheels are 20 x 9. With a +1 offset. Yes they are 1.75" wider towards the outside of truck. If anyone has any info on suspension with positive results, that would be great.

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
I'm just going to chime in and say that we don't condone you hitting speeds like this on public roadways, OR hitting speeds like that on rubber not approved for it.

I'd hate to learn that you lost a tire at 120 next week and it seem that we somehow encouraged it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,821 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again all for the concern. If anyone has any info on stabilizing the truck at higher speeds that would be great. Obviously I'm not driving down the tollway at 130 mph for even more than 15 seconds. This is just a short spurt.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you want to run it at 130+, take it to a track.

Enough said.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went 2/5 drop and Belltech shocks. Runs great to 155, fastest i had her was 163 on a downhill but she was wanting to track to the right thanks to the wind so I backed off. Alot easier to keep straight with her lowered, especially considering its a truck. I could use some sways and trac bars though....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went 2/5 drop and Belltech shocks. Runs great to 155, fastest i had her was 163 on a downhill but she was wanting to track to the right thanks to the wind so I backed off. Alot easier to keep straight with her lowered, especially considering its a truck. I could use some sways and trac bars though....
Would you share a pic? I am conflicted on how low I want to go with mine. I still want it to be usable but damn I want to close that wheel well gap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
If you want to run it at 130+, take it to a track.

Enough said.
Going to need a 1/2 mile event because these things wont even hit 100 in the 1/4 😆

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Yes they do, i trap 108mph on my 22s lol.
[/QUOTE]

You're apparently running 30 psi though. 108 is far from 130.

Did'nt you run a 12 on that? Do you have a time slip?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts