F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
Has anyone had any adverse effects to their EcoBoost turbo from driving through high water? So far I have forded 4 streams with my F150EB, each stream was deep enough to completely submerge my turbo cooler for at the least 35 seconds. I havent seen any adverse effects as of yet but like i said my turbo cooler wasnt under water for very long. Does anyone have any knowledge in this area that can tell me what might occur in longterm submersion?
Thanks...
ForestMyth

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem as the pressure inside would/could be higher than outside as long as the engine is under load. Its a sealed system so unless the air inlet goes sub surface there should be no water infusion.

However, I would actively flush the cooler fins asap upon getting home to remove sediment and other foreign objects that could block or cause corrosion to the aftercooler.

I would also install one of those inlet screens shown elsewhere a couple days ago on another thread. I'm planning to make one this weekend. Photos will phollow!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer Mike, I really appreciate it. i will look through the treads to try and find that inlet screen your talking about. I did have to wash out the sediment like you mentioned it was completely coverd in mud each time. I had to use a water bottle with a whole in the lid at the time then i used a pressure sprayer when i got back to town. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts