F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While pulling into my driveway this afternoon, I saw my neighbor with whom I've been wanting to have a conversation with, so i flashed my high beams at him to get his attention.

The truck is a 302A XLT so, boring basic headlights. The key was out of the ignition but accessory power was still on as the radio was still playing (didn't open the door yet). On the 3rd of 4th flash of the highbeams, I heard a single tone audible from the door speakers. I repeated the headlight flashing to see if it was indeed a result of pulling the stalk. It was.

I don't know what the tone indicates, but know there are "secret" functions of the everyday electronics as I currently have my driverside seatbelt reminder turned off because I don't want to hear the dinging while driving around my property.

Any input on this would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
I wonder if it means your voltage is low.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That very well may be it. I tried again today with all accessory power off, door ajar, and the tone still sounds after 2 multifunction stalk strokes. Havent tried with key in "On" position with engine not running. Perhaps the cluster may give me some info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe I have solved this mystery. It would not play a tone while I had the key in the "On" position, so I popped the key out of the ignition and actuated the stall a few times and the tone presented itself.

I pulled the truck up to a window so I could see a reflection of the front end, and realized the high beams don't flash while pulling the stalk. The tone plays when the low beams turn on, and they stay on until you either actuate the stalk again, or they hit their time limit.

I was under the impression the multifunction stalk was a momentary switch for the brights, like other vehicles I have had in the past. Not so with my '18 XLT. Low beams kick on and stay on until timed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts