F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,857 Posts
Nicely done.

Everyone is going to ask.

I want to know on a scale of 1-10, was it babied (1) or flogged (10)?

I suspect well taken care of but worked more than babied?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a work truck. During the week on any given day 500 to 700 lbs in the bed being loaded and unloaded daily. Then twice a week pulling a 20’ Skeeter to the lake up and down hills.
9 years old truck, original owner. Had 14 miles on her when I took her for a test drive.

·
Premium Member
9,857 Posts
Doesn't surprise me 1 bit. :)

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
867 Posts
Very cool. I bet it is nice and clean on the inside too...unlike mine!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m about to get my 2021 Powerboost in a couple of weeks.

just curious. I’ve read some people recommending babying it during the first 1000 miles to break it in, and others say drive it hard from day one. Which approach did you use at 14. Ike’s? I have to make that choice in a few weeks!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,673 Posts
I would baby the tranny and rearend/transfer case first 1000 then drive it however.

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
9,857 Posts
My new 2021 Powerboost had 57 test drive miles on it. And based on the fact that I was being encouraged to punch it when I did my 3 miles in it, I suspect it got "broken in" without my say so on how. :)

Seriously, just drive the truck normally. And change the oil a couple of times very early if you really want to be kind to your newborn. And besides, the Powerboost is a little unique in that it's going to decide for itself a lot of what is going on. It's one big software platform that allows you to put your input in, but it makes a ton of its own decisions.

Your gonna LOVE it. It's amazing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

i cant wait to get the truck. I ordered the Lariat “high” trim level and am looking forward to using the hands free Blue Cruise for long trips. It has been a long wait since I ordered it in March. I already bought my Motorcraft filters and Mobil 1 oil - ready for those early oil changes!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m about to get my 2021 Powerboost in a couple of weeks.

just curious. I’ve read some people recommending babying it during the first 1000 miles to break it in, and others say drive it hard from day one. Which approach did you use at 14. Ike’s? I have to make that choice in a few weeks!
Gotta let us know all the info on the powerboost! Am strongly leaning towards it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealership has NOT been good in updating me. I called again today and they now say they have the truck.

from the conversation, I’m assuming I’ll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealership has NOT been good in updating me. I called again today and they now say they have the truck.

from the conversation, I’m assuming I’ll be able to pick it up tomorrow.
now I’m feeling anxious if you get your trick today or not! Lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did get the truck. The dealer wanted to or attempted to sell it to someone else at a higher price. Since I had ViN and order number and knew it was delivered, in the end they sold it to us. BUT, they had a bad attitude when we picked it up.

I really like the Powerboost. I would not change any of the options selected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts