F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought the truck like 3 days ago and already hit a deer. I've got the worst luck :/.. It busted where the headlight bolts down, the grill, and dented the fender. Any suggestions besides going to ford directly ? I really don't want to do an insurance claim.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My brand new truck would be fixed properly. Unless your deductible is 1k or something high you'll spend as much on parts as your deductible. The parts will not be cheap and chances of finding one in a salvage yard is slim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brand new truck would be fixed properly. Unless your deductible is 1k or something high you'll spend as much on parts as your deductible. The parts will not be cheap and chances of finding one in a salvage yard is slim.
Yea I have a 1k deductible and don't want to fool with insurance again. I can replace head light and grill myself and not pay labor... The fender will need to be done later when I have money for paint and to have it replaced.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Why would you not want to make an insurance claim?

SPPD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if it goes as act of god and doesn't have a deductible like I'm told ill do a claim. If I have to pay my 1000 deductible ill just put it back together myself

·
Registered
868 Posts
Fordparts.com and you can put your vin number in and get exact match parts for your truck or search by yr, make, model but then you gotta make sure you get the right color or style but atleast its all OEM replacement parts that will bolt right up.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'm with op, the last time I took a car in for body wrk when my wife got in a wreck, we took it back 6 times across 2 body shops and its still not right. Don't ever go to caliber collision if you're in the Georgetown round rock tx area. If I could fix it myself, besides maybe the paint, I would.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Move to Canada! I was in the same boat as you, hit a deer and dented my front bumper in and broke some plastic. Just purchased the truck...didn't have to pay a thing with our insurance up here! Hopefully everything works out smoothly for you..

·
Registered
873 Posts
He can pay for a lower deductible if he wants. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. He doesn't have to move to Canada for that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hitting a deer is a comprehensive claim and not a collision claim, you will pay what your comprehensive deductible is. I got hit by a large rock that got kicked up from a passing truck (grapefruit size large) and it was a comprehensive claim.

·
Registered
868 Posts
He can pay for a lower deductible if he wants. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. He doesn't have to move to Canada for that.

i like the idea of moving to canada !
i was there for 5 days about 20 yrs ago and loved everything except the skeeters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts