F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Here's what I have going on.
I just did a few things to my 2012 fx2 ecoboost. Added a afe cai, 3 inch exhaust (lawson muffler) sounds good at idle, raspy when gassing on it!
Also did a tune with sct 3015 proggammer.
Just did the basic tune of 91 octane, and now when I hit about 3500 to 4500 RPM my truck starts spitting and puttering. Any one else had or has this problem? Thanks

sounds to me like miss fires or sucking moisture that has collected inside the CAC
with an intake and exhaust plus the extra timing all in one shot you are sucking a whole lot more air in than ever before

Where in this do you say you hit 6500rpm? That's the rev limiter. Is this the canned SCT tune? If you're sputtering then check/gap plugs to .028-.030. I hit 6500 for some reason and it scared me. Every other time it shifts normally.
This, I'd bet your plugs are way too wide.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Canned tune. Just the basic tune that is pre loaded from sct.
Ill check my spark plugs tomorrow. I did here that the intercoolers created moisture and caused them to putter and miss fire or a lose of power. Does anyone know if ford had a recall for that?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
What kind of spark plugs will work best? And what gap?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Also have like 75,000 miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Canned tune. Just the basic tune that is pre loaded from sct.
Ill check my spark plugs tomorrow. I did here that the intercoolers created moisture and caused them to putter and miss fire or a lose of power. Does anyone know if ford had a recall for that?
You haven't followed any of the issues with the Ecoboost trucks I guess. This is a long standing issue with these trucks. Plugs and CAC are the root of many Ecoboost owner problems.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
sry for the question.. but what is CAC?
And what is the best plugs for a ecoboost?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I have but not a whole lot. Im fairly new to the ecoboost family. And never owned a twin turbo car/truck. So I very lost when it comes to doing things to my ecoboost.

What is the rev limiter set on your SCT?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Ok. Not sure. Ill check.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
So if my truck has 75k and out of warranty. Will ford do something about the CAC? Being that there is a bunch of eb that have had that problem?

So if my truck has 75k and out of warranty. Will ford do something about the CAC? Being that there is a bunch of eb that have had that problem?
Sure, but you'll have to pay for it.
You're better off going aftermarket.
ATP, Full Race, Vortech, and Wagner to name a few, in alphabetical order.

Pray tell what alphabet?

Boost safe Boost hard eH

Reactions: forourspam
Sure, but you'll have to pay for it.
You're better off going aftermarket.
ATP, Full Race, Wagner, and Vortech to name a few, in alphabetical order.
Funny, I though V came before W ????

Just being a Sheldon.

Reactions: mbriones
Haha beat you

Boost safe Boost hard eH

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.