F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I just bought my first F150 XLT truck on Monday and looking for a nice forum to hang out and chat during working hours. I had a 2013 Mustang but once the wife told me #2 was on the way, I traded it in 5 days later for a crewcab truck. Gotta have room for those baby seats! Anyways current issues I am running into are:
1. Line-X or Dual liner for the bed?
2. How to change those chrome bumpers! Thinking powder coat or line-x them.

Looking forward to interacting with all.

X

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
Congratulations on the new Truck, and Baby #2.

There is lots of good information here so jump right in!

SPPD

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
1. Line-X or Dual liner for the bed?
When it comes to spray in bedliner, I don't think there is a right or wrong when it comes to brand. Line x gets a lot of thumbs up on a lot of forums but a lot of people think the posts originate from people with a vested interest in it. I have an off brand and it came out great. A lot of it seems to depend on the shop that does it, if they spray enough on it will last forever, if they are cheap and apply it to thin it will peel and flake off. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome! See if someone on Craigslist is interested in trading stock bumpers for a color matched one or a black one. i always see them on there

·
Registered
537 Posts
Brand of liner is no where as important as the reputation of the local company who is doing the job. Spay in liners are kind of like a good quality paint job, it the prep work ain't done correct it won't matter who's name is applied to the liner.

I was going to also recommend Craigslist for a bumper alternative source. Of course this is Texas so you can never go wrong installing Ranch hand style bumpers for all of those cattle drives......I mean Austin traffic. Some times bigger, bolder, stronger is better.

Welcome to the sight,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I never thought about Craigslist for trading bumpers so that sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Craigslist is great, as long as you use common sense in the process. I used Craigslist to sell my F250 V-10 right after I purchased my 2013 FX4 a couple of months ago. Gentleman flew up from Houston and drove it home. Just yesterday I sold my 2007 Kawasaki Nomad on Craigslist, the guy that bought it lives 2 miles down the road. A couple of years back I sold my F-550 crew cab Regency conversion hauler truck, the man and his wife flew down and we picked them up at the airport. We showed them the quickest way out of the DFW area and they headed back to Canada with it.
It is amazing how far your Craigslist ad will draw buyers from.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Welcome from Alaska!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing