F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anyone know what the PID is called in OBDlink to see airflow lb/min? Can't seem to find it.
both of my airflow readings are DMRs and not pids. I never could pick up the DMR options until I realized they are dependent on your specific strategy code. while you have a tune loaded they will not read, but if you return to stock and then build your log file you can select the DMRs and still use that file after you load your tune back. this is all based on my experience with SCT and 5 star, could be different elsewhere.

·
Registered
336 Posts
both of my airflow readings are DMRs and not pids. I never could pick up the DMR options until I realized they are dependent on your specific strategy code. while you have a tune loaded they will not read, but if you return to stock and then build your log file you can select the DMRs and still use that file after you load your tune back. this is all based on my experience with SCT and 5 star, could be different elsewhere.
So not something I can see in OBDlink then. Thanks for the explanation!

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Anyone know what the PID is called in OBDlink to see airflow lb/min? Can't seem to find it.
OBDLink and Forscan don't have airflow best I can tell. Other than the sources(airflow limit, spark source, torque source etc), thats the only thing it doesnt have vs SCT or HPTuners for the most part.

·
Registered
336 Posts
OBDLink and Forscan don't have airflow best I can tell. Other than the sources(airflow limit, spark source, torque source etc), thats the only thing it doesnt have vs SCT or HPTuners for the most part.
I have SCT it's just super convenient to link my phone, throw it in the cradle and go😆. Now I'm going to have to learn to use one more thing with this truck. Thanks for the info mass

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
In OBDLink is called “Mass Airflow Rate” under “Calculated PIDs”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that a standard PID or one of the Ford Enhanced PID's that you get when you buy the add on?

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
528 Posts
It's actually a standard PID. It has been tying out to my logs on a BDX, though I cant do them both simultaneously, so it seems to be reliable.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My truck with stock turbos. That was 93 PR-X tune.
Any idea why its reading so high?
I have no idea. Something was definitely wrong with that DMR because it says your max was 81,759 lb/min. 81,000 horsepower? 😂 That DMR wasn’t working at all.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah I’m pretty sure that DMR isn’t even working correctly at all.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts