F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 3.5 with 30k. Had the cam phasers replaced a couple of weeks ago due to cold start rattle. Ever since the repair I get a smell like hot/burning rubber inside the cab when I come to stop after the motor gets warm, Sometimes I see a little white smoke coming from the passenger side at the windshield (outside the truck). It only happens after temps get up to normal operating temperature and I only smell it when the truck is stopped, especially when the motor cuts off. I originally thought it was just some residual oil or something burning off but it keeps doing it. I have checked the oil several times and it has stayed steady, temps are normal. I have noticed some spots on the driveway, just small amount, doesn't look/feel like oil. Anybody got any ideas? It's not my daily driver but it has been pretty consistent every time I drive it (a couple of times a week). Truck runs good, no power loss or anything like that. Thanks!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Take it back.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great, hope you have a good result.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Going back Monday.
I wonder if they disconnected the coolant hoses at the firewall, and forgot to reinstall the clamps properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from dealership. Diagnosed as leaking valve cover. Of course part is not in stock. Supposedly part should be in tomorrow. They did give me a new Ranger Lariat FX4 to drive so hopefully they will be in a hurry to get my truck done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts