F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the trucks electronically speed limited?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
100mph. It's in the owners manual. I would have been upset about this when I was younger, but now I am a right lane lurker.

SPPD

Attachments

Reactions: Sherman

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Btw,

Most tunes have the option to remove the governor.

My Uncle bought a brand new truck years ago. He discovered that it was governed at 85mph. He drove to the dealership and dropped the keys on the desk and told them he no longer wanted the truck. He walked out and called hus bank to cancel the check he wrote for the truck 2 days before. The dealer called him and agreed to remove the governor. I doubt you could get them to do that today, but just a funny story.

SPPD

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ya, I hate that! I do lots of highway driving sometimes I need to pass 3-4 cars at once. seems people would rather drive up eachothers butts doing 50 then pass! I want to be the boss of my right foot,not have the truck tell me whats what. Going in next monday to get custom tune done. Can't wait!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Damn skippy preach it brother! I hate the governor and like Fx4 have to pass 3-4 cars at a shot ( we don't have the nice 2 and 3 lane roads much if at all up here) and man the Eco will scream to 100mph than its anchors away! Come summer time when the convoys of slow RVs arrives it is down right brutal driving 35-40mph in a 65 mph zone... One of my driving point to get a tuner before summer time hits!

Reactions: fx4 4fun

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well this I'm going to have to fix...didnt plan on a tune or tuner but guess Im going to have to ...

·
Registered
588 Posts
well this I'm going to have to fix...didnt plan on a tune or tuner but guess Im going to have to ...
You know it!!! Only reason I'm going with a tuner myself, love the power of the Eco and never found a moment I needed more, I would bet money the Tundra I smoked yesterday probably did lol! I just know the moment I load a tune I will get bit by the Mod bug that's been going around on this forum and go crazy!!! Maybe I can blame it on the cabin fever since its still snowing up here lol

Reactions: Jeep Shadow

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
First time I experienced this I was running up a deserted 4 lane section of NC 220 near Randleman in a rented turbo Plymouth Caravelle. That little 4 banger was whistling away till the speedo found 114 and it was like I leveled off the gas! So, here I am in the heart of Richard Petty country and the car is limiting itself. Was so dissapointed I backed of to where the cruise was set at 68 (in a 55) when I crested a hill smack into the radar of a NC State Trooper. He never even looked up at me as I flew by. The must have expected that stuff back then in that area...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I was pretty upset when I was dragin the bumper off the 300C and then I fell flat on my face and he comes barreling around me....smh

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Good advice ^^^^^^

Sent from my non using Tapatalk in ??

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Well this was just my luck tonight. Pokey a$$ holes hogging both lanes, 65 in a 70, truck lanes open up, floored it yeehaww passing sum *****es then bam plenty of room but still wanted to relieved my younger days the gov kicks on look down and yep 100 F*uck me sideways

·
Registered
133 Posts
it's also an issue for dyno runs if you have the 3.15 gears... you'll hit the speed limiter before the rev limiter in 3rd :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts