F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
2.7 or 3.5? I have same specs with 3.5 and a 6 inch lift, and tow 8-9k lbs at 31 ft no problem. I do use an mpt tow tune to adjust for tires and shift points though.
Gotta be a 3.5...2.7 wasn't produced until 2015.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2019 ecoboost 3.5 with the max row package I pull a 32ft 7100lb travel trailer with no issues. You just have to make sure you have your WD hitch set right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
I have a 2019 ecoboost 3.5 with the max row package I pull a 32ft 7100lb travel trailer with no issues. You just have to make sure you have your WD hitch set right.

Are you sure it is only 7100 pounds ? My 21' is 7525.

·
Registered
185 Posts
it’s actually 6700 but after we loaded it down for a light weekend it was 7100. I don’t have the greatest service where we are but I’ll try to upload some pics when we head to town

Is that the weight with full fresh water tank ? Gross weight would be full of fresh water, batteries, propane tanks, all the cargo.

·
Administrator
10,426 Posts
Are you sure it is only 7100 pounds ? My 21' is 7525.
That's a lot. My 28' bunkhouse, with a slide is 5700 dry. When we're loaded in the summer it's 6500, when we load up in the fall/winter for our mountain trips it's 7,000. For reference it's me, my wife, and a 4 year old girl. I feel like we pack on the lighter side for 3, but I'm sure some folks pack even lighter.

It's a 2005. Newer campers tend to be a good bit lighter. I've met people with 30' foot campers that weigh less than ours.

We don't haul any water though. The 5700 dry weight is what I weighed it at bringing it home with a battery, propane, and nothing else.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,426 Posts
I’m trying to talk my self out of the 250!!
I had a 250 before this truck. '99 powerstroke. 6 speed manual, 3.73, 2wd. I bought it to tow and it was a beast. Turbo upgrade, tunes, intake, exhaust, etc.

I now have, not only an f150, but a 2.7 f150. Towing almost 30' and 7,000 lbs.

The critical part, imo, is hitch selection, and taking the time to dial it in yourself. It could go both ways. Hitch not dialed, or not even with a WDH, "I HATE this thing". All the way to where I currently stand, and that is "This thing is a little beast and the perfect match for my camper."

I have no regrets and no plans to upgrade. Just based on following forums and Facebook groups, going much over 30' is where you have to be more and more careful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is that the weight with full fresh water tank ? Gross weight would be full of fresh water, batteries, propane tanks, all the cargo.
I never fill the fresh water tank we camp at campgrounds with hookups 90% of the time so but that’s with propane and all of our stuff we have a two year old so we have to pack a lot of junk

·
Registered
185 Posts
My 21' Cherokee Lite is a 4 season camper with heated insulated underbelly, fully self contained, tandem axles with brakes on both, 7' ceiling, 40 gallon tanks, yadda yadda yadda, so maybe that is why the label says 7525 GVWR. If the bed was larger, I would never look for larger camper. I like it, but bed is 72". I am 75".

·
Administrator
10,426 Posts
That makes sense. That's definitely not typical though!

The gvwr on my camper is 7500. I would suspect the 4 season rating is the difference in weight.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
My 21' Cherokee Lite is a 4 season camper with heated insulated underbelly, fully self contained, tandem axles with brakes on both, 7' ceiling, 40 gallon tanks, yadda yadda yadda, so maybe that is why the label says 7525 GVWR. If the bed was larger, I would never look for larger camper. I like it, but bed is 72". I am 75".
My trailer is 21’, has a dry sticker weight of ~4200 and GVWR of 5500. My water tank is only 28 gallons, but still, thats only 225 lbs full. Its not that much weight.

I know the 21’ Winnebago MicroMinnie is like 3800 lbs dry and has a GVWR of 7000 lbs. I dont even know how you hit the GVWR on that trailer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My trailer is 21’, has a dry sticker weight of ~4200 and GVWR of 5500. My water tank is only 28 gallons, but still, thats only 225 lbs full. Its not that much weight.

I know the 21’ Winnebago MicroMinnie is like 3800 lbs dry and has a GVWR of 7000 lbs. I dont even know how you hit the GVWR on that trailer.
You guys are falling on death ears.
You will not get me to abandon my Grand Design plans just because they are porky... Although my Jayco has been a good trailer and not unduly heavy.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
You guys are falling on death ears.
You will not get me to abandon my Grand Design plans just because they are porky... Although my Jayco has been a good trailer and not unduly heavy.
Lol
I would never try to get you to part with your Grand Design. Instead, I simply envy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
It was hard to depart my reflection 297RSTS for a F/R Georgetown GT5 Quality can’t really get any better than the grand design

·
Registered
24 Posts
@ 2012FX2SCREW

Lots of good info posted above. I'll just suggest that when it comes to tire change time, I recommend you upgrade from the Load Range 109T up to the Load Range 116T. Doing so will net you 431 pounds or increased rating per tire and the cost increase is not that significant.

Enjoy your rig and be safe.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts