F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are always interested in finding out how you found our site.

If you can please let us know if you found us on another forum, via Google or Bing, Facebook, Twitter, or a friend perhaps?

This helps us determine what areas seem to be working for us (as far as letting people know about us) or what areas we made need to work on to help get the word out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi from AZ. . . this forum popped up on my FB page, which I have to keep up with the youngsters in my life (son,nephews,neices and their tribes) I have an '11 EB FX4 with about 16k on it. It's my daily driver in AZ and tows my 6300# tt around. Just did ATL to PHX by way of the Balloon Fiesta in ABQ. It gets the same 10 mpg towing my V-10 got, but it's gettig 16 - 18 without. Regards, Craig

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, we are still new so if you have questions don't hesitate to ask. I've had my truck now for about 6 months and have been learning everything I can about it.

I was tring to find info on F150 ecoboost and came across the site. I was tring to find the pros and cons of the F150 Eco.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking for more information on the Ecoboost and found this forum. Lots of great information here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my 2012 fx4 f150 since april 2012 gas milage was not great at first .but at about 8000 it got better .when I tow my 24 foot boat (about 8200 lbs.) I get 13 mph . when I tow my small camper about 4200 @ 70 I get about 12mph. but just alone I get about 18.5 as a daily driver.But when playing with it running at speeds not leagal the mph goes down. but it is sick fast,and a lot of fun . It pulls a lot more than my 2009 f150 with a 54

·
Registered
943 Posts
Saw the forum on facebook

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening everyone. Just found the site through a Google search. I'm seriously contemplating on purchasing a 13' Ecoboost F150 Lariat. However, I really do wonder about the gas mileage. I currently have a 07' F150 FX4 and I love me truck. Unfortunately, between my truck and the wife's Suburban I'm going through about $400 a month in gas. Ironically one would think that gas would be cheaper up here in Alaska beings we have the AK Pipeline splitting the state in two. I was paying $4.16 last month but it has come down quite a bit and now I am paying $3.54. With that said, I have seen what some of your "real world" GPM's are and I am not impressed. It doesn't help that I have to let the truck warm up at least 15-20 minutes every morning before I go to work and when I leave at night. I believe I am getting about 12 mpg now, I was getting 9.8 mpg until I cleaned my air filter, had the spark plugs changed, and re-calibrated my speedometer with my SCT programmer.

From a mpg standpoint what are your thoughts, should I keep my '07 or should I get the '13??? What is power comparison like, I have yet to test drive an EcoBoost? I appreciate the input.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Its a small world out there! My son is in the Air Force and also lives in North Pole!

As for fuel economy, I traded a 2001 Dodge Ram with 5.9 for my 2013. On a good week I would see 10 mpg with almost 100 hp less. Am getting between 14.5 and 15.5 running around my local area in downstate IL since the weather headed away from summer temps. With 2600 miles to date, I've seen as high as 22 on average keeping speeds at 60 or less for short highway trips. Current setting indicates 14.7 since last fill and there has been no travel outside the area. Needless to say, I'm liking it a lot.

That being said, I do know with -30 to -40 temps you see where you're at will run that number down quite a bit. Not only the long idle warm up but the thickness of the bearing greases, engine oil, trans fluid, axle lube and all will add aditional load on the engine especially on short trips. If you're traveling some distances like my son does from NP to the base, mileage will be a little better. The engine heater helps a lot for the engine, but it doesn't do anything for the rest of the drivetrain.

Now, once the brutal winter is done, you will see similar economy to what we're seeing in the lower 48. As for the power, there simply is no comparison. Once things are warmed up and those turbos do thier thing, hold on, its a great ride!

Hope this helps you in your decision.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw it on Facebook. I was another EcoBoost fourm last year, but its gone now. Not sure what happened to it. I love my EB!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too saw it on FB and signed up. I have a 2011 F150 and have 33,000+ miles on it. I have never reset the panel that tells you MPG and miles to empty. It reads right now @ 18.4 MPG. I do seem to have an issue. I live in Colorado above 6000 ft and when I travel to the lower elevations and the regular unlead goes from 85 octane to 87 my MPG drops to around 14-15 MPG. Other than that I am really satisfied with my eco. It does however cut out and will not go over 100 MPH which when passing on a two lane road could be a hindrance although I guess I don't have to be in such a hurry, but when 2 or 3 semis get strung out with no room in between them I could use more speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too saw it on FB and signed up. I have a 2011 F150 and have 33,000+ miles on it. I have never reset the panel that tells you MPG and miles to empty. It reads right now @ 18.4 MPG. I do seem to have an issue. I live in Colorado above 6000 ft and when I travel to the lower elevations and the regular unlead goes from 85 octane to 87 my MPG drops to around 14-15 MPG. Other than that I am really satisfied with my eco. It does however cut out and will not go over 100 MPH which when passing on a two lane road could be a hindrance although I guess I don't have to be in such a hurry, but when 2 or 3 semis get strung out with no room in between them I could use more speed.

Wow, speeds of 100 and over come with an optional "attempted manslaughter" charge in Texas if you get caught.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a member of rzrforum and I saw this forum on there. I have always owned ford trucks started with a brand new 1979 F100 I have had 300 6cyl,302,351 and 460 gas and two brand new 7.3 power stokes and ecoboost is buy far my favorite!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I found it by doing a Google search for break in period on an Eco-Boost engine.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
About this Discussion
97 Replies
73 Participants
DNA Dan
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing