F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got to thinking about what everyone here does for work.

I will go first since I created the Thread.

I do Behavioral Assessments of people in a multi-modal transportation enviornment to detect, prevent, and respond to acts of violence or terrorism. Pretty cool huh? Believe me it sounds much cooler than it is lol.

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worked with yall and the Harris County Sheriffs Office during Hurricane Ike, as we were deployed there to support local law enforcement. I have a lot of respect for your department and was very impressed with what great folks you have.

SPPD

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I work as a substation electrician. I make sure that if there is something that contacts a power line, that the line is tripped out of service so it doesn't create more damage than is necessary to people or property.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very Cool Guys! Very diverse group both age and career!

SPPD

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm the guy who you go see when you want to upgrade to a New Freak-a-Boost! Special Deals for EVERYONE on this site!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am a purchasing manager for an oilfield service company. We cement, acidize and fracture oil and gas wells. I buy cement, flyash, HCL Acid, various chemicals and frac sand and I schedule all the trucks to deliver these items. I'll bet some of you thought I just collected underwear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a active duty Air Force. Within the AF I am Security Forces, which is the AF way of saying "Cop" with the added job of guarding the cool stuff the AF fights with.....although now that I know SPPD does "Behavioral Assessments" I want to watch what I might or might not have to say....

My family and I currently live in Albuquerque NM but are planning to move to Texas soon. I am looking forward to seeing how my EcoBoost pulls

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like you AF SF guys! I have done operations with your group at the Peoria, Il ANG base. You have all the cool toys and although they pulled the fighter squadron out of there those C-130s are pretty sweet.

SPPD

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sell orthopedic implants I guess the easiest way to explain this is when someone needs a hip or a knee replaced I bring the products to surgery and act as a technical consultant during the surgery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SPPD, Not cool when they are the planes taking you places you don't want to go in the first place, I have had maybe one too many rides in a 130 but I do still enjoy it or at least enjoy complaining about it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Don't work any more. Retired pneumatics control technican. Retired County Commissioner. Retired high school football coach. Just bummin around enjoying life. We go to Canada fishing in the summer and to the South "Texas" to get away from the snow in the winter. When we are home, we try to maintain what we call "Home" "The Ponderosa" and cut a little fire wood for exercise. Oh ya we also spoil our grand daughters.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I work primarily as a Medic/Safety on offshore oil rigs. I also occasionally assist with the install of our emergency breathing air and gas detection systems. Helps keep the mileage down on my truck too. Usually a 2 week rotation, but sometimes more.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I'm in charge of Commercial Parts Sales at our local Advance Auto Parts Store and volunteer director of the Turning Back Time Car Show. Consider myself semi retired and returned to my career roots where I began working life as a parts man/machinist/delivery driver. Had a long and storied career involved in many facets of hands on mechanical/sales/sales management/field tech support in automotive, motorsports and a couple of other "fish out of water" persuits. Got to hang with some pretty cool people, play while I worked and then even write about it some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a Registered Land Surveyor in SD, NE, IA, and MN. Basically, I measure property boundaries, create boundary and topographic maps and perform layout for construction of buildings, roads, pipelines, transmission lines...etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am a journeyman lineman. We had a little storm come through. Probably be on sixteens the next couple of days.

1 - 20 of 606 Posts
About this Discussion
605 Replies
301 Participants
RobG253
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing