F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to remove the F150 emblems on front fenders on 2018 ? I want to paint them, and put back on, chrome is not for me. Also whats best to use for re-attachment of them?

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
Heat gun (Or hairdryer) and fishing line.

Good luck removing the emblems on a 2015+ model F150 without breaking them or having them warp. You best option is to buy new ones from Tasca or other parts store and paint them then install...but make sure they are new.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I tried to take mine off my 17 and they are in the truck through the metal clipped in not just glue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Good info Austin, wonder why they switched it on the 2018's??
Cheaper and quicker to just stick them on.

10¢ savings per truck on a million trucks is $100,000 to the bottom line.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You may want to double check where you are getting your info from...my '18 XLT has the holes in the fenders just like they have had all along.

·
Administrator
773 Posts
You may want to double check where you are getting your info from...my '18 XLT has the holes in the fenders just like they have had all along.

I pulled mine off my 2018 xl the 2nd day I had it to paint them, no holes behind mine.

Sent from Friendly Manitoooba

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any access or visibility to the back of the fender to see if an 18' has/doesn't have the holes?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
Any access or visibility to the back of the fender to see if an 18' has/doesn't have the holes?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
@Purefection has a 2018. He removed his emblems. He stated there are no holes.

So there are no holes on the 2018's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts