F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I just got my tux black 2011 FX4 F150 Ecoboost and I absolutely love it. Much smoother ride than my old 2005 6.0 diesel F350
Anyways, my question or concern is: The green bar for the fuel economy meter, is it normal for it to be full throttle while parked or in idle at a stop light.
Because while I'm driving it seems to respond appropriately, If I'm coasting down hill with my foot off the gas completely the bar drops to 0 and as I tap the gas pedal the little green bar shows accordingly and moves up and down. I Come to a stop and the green bar goes sky high.?? Is this a weirdo glitch or am I burning off a bunch of fuel?
It's got 81,000km on it. I just got it a week ago. Other than that I have no complaints.
Anybody with any info to share would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. lol. i thought so.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Ya the fuel economy real is good in these trucks

eH

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Mine is the opposite. when I'm sitting at idle there is no green bar and when I'm coasting the green bar skyrockets to the top. I see all you folks are in Canada, eh? Maybe that has something to do with it??

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
haha change it in your options. You will convert to the green side

eH

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Aaaaaanyway.....back to the OP's question:

The OBD uses a logarithm based primarily on TPS and engine vacuum (that's in inches Hg, not centimeters). It also factors in engine speed (RPM) and vehicle speed (MPH) to calculate a quick "real time" ESTIMATE of the MPG so when you are literally sitting still, you are getting ZERO MPG....maybe that KPH and MPL calculation is the fly in the ointment. :p

EDIT: Kidding about the Canadian/metric stuff.....sorta.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Are the blue needles on the gauges non-fx4 trucks? mine are red? just wondering

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Are the blue needles on the gauges non-fx4 trucks? mine are red? just wondering
Correct me if in wrong. But I believe FX4's are the only ones with red needles

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is the opposite. when I'm sitting at idle there is no green bar and when I'm coasting the green bar skyrockets to the top. I see all you folks are in Canada, eh? Maybe that has something to do with it??
Mike is like this too.

Sent from my Siri instructed iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

in canada with L/100km higher is worse. it goes to the top because you are using unlimited fuel for not moving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can switch it to mpg in your settings. I find it easier to understand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts