F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You don't realize how big of a vehicle this is until you wash it! I have to get out the two-step stool to reach the middle of the roof, windshield and hood. With the chrome package, it takes a while to dry too in order to prevent all the water spots. I can wash my other two cars in the same amount of time it takes to wash the Ecoboost.

So far this week, I washed it before and after a 1200 mile road trip.

How long does it take you and how often do you wash it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
1-2 times a week, 45 min to 1 hour. I have a tree next to the driveway that leaves a sappy mist when the temp changes. Is it strange I'm thinking of buying a new house to get a garage for my Eco lol?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have to admit that I only spend about 3 minutes a week on mine. I drive thru the automatic touch less car wash. $9.99 and it dries it pretty good too. After my labor, hand washing is too expensive.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If I wash by hand about a hour. But I do tend to use the laser wash, then come home and use the spray detailer to shine it up. That takes probably 10 minutes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i took the advice from another member and wash weekly, wax monthly, or before a long buggy trip and wash afterwards like i do with my 96 champion bass boat, and clean the bugs off the front end regularly before they stain and then use a quick wax on the grill and front chrome. will eventually clay bar every 6 months, recently took the clay bar to my wifes 2012 ford fusion and then waxed and it was beautiful!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I'm with jon... I wash it until I'm satisfied with it. Texas weather can be unpredictable at times but we don't get much rain in the summer, so a wash can last for a little while.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I usually spend about three hours on a quick wash, but when i detail and wax her it's an all day affair.

Reactions: mc4100s2

·
Registered
143 Posts
Car Wash? We don't need no stinkin' Car Wash! (Usually takes me about an hour if I go to the feed me quarters wash-I carry a two step ladder in the truck just for that purpose!) Someone should start a thread on "who has the dirtiest truck?" Kind of a Yin-Yang thing - gotta keep balance in the universe!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm with jon... I wash it until I'm satisfied with it. Texas weather can be unpredictable at times but we don't get much rain in the summer, so a wash can last for a little while.
I wish that a wash would last a while - you say they last in the summertime. That doesn't happen in the summer because Alaska has two seasons: winter and construction season; some would add that it's tourist [terrorist] season as well. Up north they last in the wintertime because it's usually running well below freezing and sometimes below zero for weeks on end. Down in the lower parts of Alaska, expect to feel the need to wash it about once a week. Depends on temps and storms and how soon they get to cleaning the snow off the roads.

I will usually take about 4-5 hours if I'm doing a real hand wash (usually go to the Laser Wash across town). In the winter it's just the 15 minutes it takes for the car wash. Then the hours worth of air dry time in the shop.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Being in So Texas it rarely rains so I rarely use water on any of our vechiles. I use a dry wash product to clean the dust off and apply a wax at the same time. I work in aviation supply and I use the stuff people use on multi million dollar corporate jets. I figure it must be OK for a lowly pickup and some mustangs. I have one mustang bought new in 04 and has had a water bath maybe 1 x a year in 10 yrs. still took 1st place in class at a national mustang meet. When I do the eco it takes about 1-1/12 hrs to do it right even without water.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Being in So Texas it rarely rains so I rarely use water on any of our vechiles. I use a dry wash product to clean the dust off and apply a wax at the same time. I work in aviation supply and I use the stuff people use on multi million dollar corporate jets. I figure it must be OK for a lowly pickup and some mustangs. I have one mustang bought new in 04 and has had a water bath maybe 1 x a year in 10 yrs. still took 1st place in class at a national mustang meet. When I do the eco it takes about 1-1/12 hrs to do it right even without water.
please share the brand of dry wash..

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Since we constantly get put on water shortage notices in the summer, please do educate me on dry wash

·
Registered
327 Posts
All that I do is spray it down. I live in the wilderness so keeping it perfectly clean is not a real priority.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i dont spend long but i also dont have the limitations of many others.
i have my own 245' deep well so water is not ever an issue, so it gets hosed off when it needs it and i use a long bristle synthetic brush about 10" wide on a handle.
wash time is probably 20 min from top to bottom and then maybe another 40 min if i am polishing and waxing which is only occasssionally done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As long as the automatic wash takes. My truck stays too dirty between work and the hunting club for me to spend much more time on it than that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Gotta get me a handle or something. Even being about 6'2" it was a hassle to climb up and do a full clean of the roof on this thing. Worth it though.

Picked mine up about 2 weeks ago and to seal it for winter I did a full interior/exterior clean, then a 3 step rotary buff and wax. Took about 4 hours total, although it looked beautiful in the end. Probably wont wash it for a while now that its 'protected'. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Since we constantly get put on water shortage notices in the summer, please do educate me on dry wash
I use two different ones
Wash wax all brand for the inexpensive daily wipe down touch up. Which runs about 30 a gallon
Www.washwaxall.com

And this one for a longer durability better shine
Dri wash classic
Www.driwashsolutions.com

I sell both so I get them at cost. I can hook up anyone here if interested just call my office at 800 833 8229

Don

1 - 20 of 24 Posts