F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tick Tock Tick Tock... Been over 6 weeks now and all I hear is criquets out of my dealer. :confused:

How long did it take you recent buyers to see a VIN# and get a build going?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Eh 6IX, I FO a 2013 FX2 three weeks ago and received my VIN early in the second week. My build started this monday that just passed, and I am scheduled to receive my truck by the middle of next week.... if all goes to plan (fingers crossed). Thats 4 week from FO to delivery if things go right.

I dont know if I am just a lucky individual, I hear a lot of guys on here saying their build time was approx. 6-8 weeks and this is also what my dealer said the average time is, but noted that he usually sees them delivered in 4. I am up in Canada so I dont know if that makes a difference.

I hope you hear from them soon, maybe try calling them? anyway your wait will be worth it!

Cheers!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you ordered 3 weeks after I did and appear to be way ahead of me in getting your new truck. Pfffffff. Nice.

I have contacted my dealer several times, and they say they are working on getting me an update but that it's tough to get updates from Ford. I let them know that several other new owners I have spoken with got VIN#'s in the first 3-4 weeks, and that if we are not on track for delivery in the timeframe we agreed upon that I might just figure something else out.

Not a big deal really, but mildly annoying.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just ordered mine on Wednesday and my dealer told me around 6 weeks and told me they usually have VIN info in about a week. He then told me on Thursday that they already picked up the order so it should be done fairly quick. With my luck I will get it around Christmas but so far according to the dealer things seem to be moving along pretty quick which may or may not be good. I don't want them to just slap the thing together to get it out the door.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just out of curiousity what colours did you guys order?... Im not just asking to imagine your truck I am trying to find a reason.

I ordered white. A common fleet vehicle colour. I dont know much about the production at Ford but know a bunch about production being a tool maker and I have seen the Oakville (Edge now) assembly line first hand. It makes sense that the paint booth line sprays the same colour for batch production runs. Meaning they may spray a bunch of whites then small batches of the other colours in less frequent intervals this could be the reason some colours take longer.

No other posts/ threads on here mention colour when it comes to their wait times... sometimes its small details.

I dont know what to say about the VIN tho... thats nuts. I would think once your financing or lease goes thru your purchase is now an order... Ford would then schedule it.... hmmmm. Maybe it is a being Canadian thing, maybe we take a certain % of the trucks made.

Hope you get the call tm tho 6ix.... serious fingers crossed. Im getting itchy after waiting 3 wks and only cuz the window sticker showed the start date for prod.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine is black and I have not actually signed the purchase paperwork on mine just signed the contract to lock in rebates. But the dealer said they ordered it to make sure they could get a 2013 before they quit building them and if I changed my mind no big deal they would just sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
When I ordered mine, I didn't sign anything or actually commit to buying the truck. I asked if they wanted me to put money down or something and the fleet manager told me that it wasn't necessary since f150s fly off the lot. That in the end if I didn't want or couldn't afford it that it was no biggie it wouldn't be on the lot long anyways.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well... After six weeks of nothing and starting to pester my sales lady, she said she was working on getting me an update on our special order... As it turns out, her first update would be a call to let me know that my truck had arrived. Just over six weeks from order date to me driving it off the lot today. Heh heh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts