F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 3.5 ecoboost lariat with a 4" mbrp exhaust, and I was wondering how much louder a straight pipe would be? I know everyone is gonna say it sounds terrible and I know that, I'm just wondering how much louder it is.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,547 Posts
I doubt anyone will be able to give you a Decibel number of loudness.
Do it and post a video please.
Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
192 Posts
I doubt anyone will be able to give you a Decibel number of loudness.
Do it and post a video please.
Welcome to the forum !
Yeah, you try it...

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
It would sound like a ******* kid from round these parts just drove by with a straight pipe on his 3.5 Ecoboost. Also the roar of 37" swampers.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Might be fine inside the cab. I've rode in more than a few vheicles without mufflers including a buddies 69 Z28 with optional full chambered exhaust. I think drone has more to do with cab volume, my reg cab has none with a 4 inch no resonator system. But a straight thru exhaust will be very loud behind the vehicle. KM

·
Registered
2011, 3.5L, Fx4, Supercab
3 Posts
Its not much louder if anything its nearly the same. When I put on my exhaust (same as yours) I had to start it up and hear it with no muffler. I did not drive without the muffler on it since it was about 20F and did not to wait for the truck to warm up. But there is no baffling/chambers in the muffler to make it quieter just a mesh to take out the drone from what I understand. This is not my photo but it looks just like this.

My videos I took Nothing MBRP Stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts