Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't own a tuner!

Votes: 11 40.7%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search about where to keep my tuner. Currently I keep it at the house and debating if it will damage the tuner if kept in the truck year around. How many of you that have a tuner keep it in the house or the truck.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I am in search about where to keep my tuner. Currently I keep it at the house and debating if it will damage the tuner if kept in the truck year around. How many of you that have a tuner keep it in the house or the truck.
House, because I don't want to deal with it, if it gets stolen.
Also, do not leave it in the truck if you take it to the dealer....lol

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Yep seen a few stolen. It does me no good in my truck. If I want to update it, I need it in my house anyways. I don't switch my tunes unless I get an updated tune.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yep seen a few stolen. It does me no good in my truck. If I want to update it, I need it in my house anyways. I don't switch my tunes unless I get an updated tune.
Agreed on all points.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Mine stays on the dash where it belongs.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I always keep mine in my truck in case I come across 93 octane somewhere in denver. I know there are places around but for most part its just 91 octane.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I always keep mine in my truck in case I come across 93 octane somewhere in denver. I know there are places around but for most part its just 91 octane.
I would wait for the second tank of 93 to swap tunes, but that is just me...

Reactions: Kc311

·
Registered
315 Posts
Keep it in the truck in case I need to swap tunes while on the road.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Thieves are opportunistic parasites of society. Anyone who has never been a victim, has been lucky. Unless you live at the North Pole, have your vehicle locked in a secure garage 24 hours, or have a big, vicious dog hidden in the bed of your truck; you'll eventually be a victim.

A thief has no hesitation to smash your window ... unless they think there is an alarm that will wake up the neighborhood. The best way to protect yourself, is to leave NOTHING visible in the vehicle. Over the Christmas holidays, a number of the guys where I work had their vehicles broken into, some with a smashed window ... all to grab some petty thing. One guy said "I wish the jerk had just knocked on the door and asked for $50, it would be cheaper than the deductible I have to pay to fix my window".

It seems once a thief learns how to steal a particular vehicle, they tell all their criminal friends and soon that vehicle becomes a favorite of all thieves. Car/truck theft is an epidemic in the province where I live. It use to be a Vancouver/Lower Mainland problem, but now virtually no community or town is safe now.

The day after Christmas, my brother's son-in-law had his truck stolen, it was a 1998 F150. Trucks are a favorite of thieves because it's harder for the police to ram them off the road. And many trucks don't have any anti-theft devices.

Over the years, I woken up a couple of times to find someone broke into my car/truck looking for something to steal.
I leave nothing in my vehicles, especially my truck which doesn't fit in my garage.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Thieves are opportunistic parasites of society. Anyone who has never been a victim, has been lucky. Unless you live at the North Pole, have your vehicle locked in a secure garage 24 hours, or have a big, vicious dog hidden in the bed of your truck; you'll eventually be a victim.

A thief has no hesitation to smash your window ... unless they think there is an alarm that will wake up the neighborhood. The best way to protect yourself, is to leave NOTHING visible in the vehicle. Over the Christmas holidays, a number of the guys where I work had their vehicles broken into, some with a smashed window ... all to grab some petty thing. One guy said "I wish the jerk had just knocked on the door and asked for $50, it would be cheaper than the deductible I have to pay to fix my window".

It seems once a thief learns how to steal a particular vehicle, they tell all their criminal friends and soon that vehicle becomes a favorite of all thieves. Car/truck theft is an epidemic in the province where I live. It use to be a Vancouver/Lower Mainland problem, but now virtually no community or town is safe now.

The day after Christmas, my brother's son-in-law had his truck stolen, it was a 1998 F150. Trucks are a favorite of thieves because it's harder for the police to ram them off the road. And many trucks don't have any anti-theft devices.

Over the years, I woken up a couple of times to find someone broke into my car/truck looking for something to steal.
I leave nothing in my vehicles, especially my truck which doesn't fit in my garage.
If I could add to that....
Do NOT set your house as the "home" on your gps
Do NOT leave anything with your address on it, because they likely already have your garage door opener.
Biggest peeve of mine....firearms belong on your person, not in a vehicle.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Do NOT leave anything with your address on it, because they likely already have your garage door opener.
There's nothing wrong with a truck gun, as long as you don't have children....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yep, just another firearm on the street in the hands of a criminal.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts