F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,463 Posts
THe compacted graphite iron weighs less and is stronger. The muti part block probably more than a similar single cast piece, no exhaust manifolds will make for heavier heads. I figure that is why they are so close. KM
Gotcha. You mean the CGI weighs more?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,463 Posts
So my truck weighs probably just under 5000 with me in it.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
533 Posts
My tin can body SCREW 4x4 leans 5,650 onto the CAT scales... without me.
Between carseats and other nonsense in the truck, MAYBE that could come down 150 lbs.

I think the published weights are a far cry from the reality of trims that most actually drive.

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
I drove across the scale leaving the quarry the other day and registered 6200, I probably had 350 lbs of tools but still, you guys are featherweights
Thats about how much my truck weighed without anything in it, including me. 6140 lbs. That was when it was stock except for 275/60R20 Duratracs.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

With my Leer topper my truck is probably 6300-6400 lbs with nothing in it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thats about how much my truck weighed without anything in it, including me. 6140 lbs. That was when it was stock except for 275/60R20 Duratracs.

View attachment 181224

With my Leer topper my truck is probably 6300-6400 lbs with nothing in it.
I don't feel like the fat kid anymore, thanks!:LOL:

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,760 Posts
Hey, did I just win?? Not the fastest or quickest, shiniest, biggest tire, 4wd go anywhere mobile, don't even have a trailer hitch on it, but maybe the lightest weight F150 ?!?!
Should I print this out and frame it? KM

·
Moderstrator
1,950 Posts
Hey, did I just win?? Not the fastest or quickest, shiniest, biggest tire, 4wd go anywhere mobile, don't even have a trailer hitch on it, but maybe the lightest weight F150 ?!?!
Should I print this out and frame it? KM
Wait a minute! How much fuel was in each truck's tank at the time? Anyone sand bagging with helium in their tires?
;)

- But overall - congrats @butthead

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
THe compacted graphite iron weighs less and is stronger. The muti part block probably more than a similar single cast piece, no exhaust manifolds will make for heavier heads. I figure that is why they are so close. KM
CGI doesnt weight less than aluminum I dont think. It just weighs less than normal iron. GM uses an aluminum block on the duramax and claims it saves 25% vs CGI.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,760 Posts
CGI doesnt weight less than aluminum I dont think. It just weighs less than normal iron. GM uses an aluminum block on the duramax and claims it saves 25% vs CGI.
My slip, aluminum block with iron sleeves. CGI is significantly lighter and stronger than iron. KM

Reactions: Boatwaco
21 - 33 of 33 Posts