F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,036 Posts
Have you driven a well tuned 3.5?
Don't get me wrong. I love the 2.7 and pulled my toy hauler all over America with that drivetrain. Incredible truck. Still have 2 of them in the family fleet.
But a well tuned 3.5, at least Gen2 as far as my experience, doesn't have a perceptible lag. It's frisky and ready at an instant. Of course that's assuming you aren't cruising at lug rpms.

·
Premium Member
14,036 Posts
Attached is the scaled weight of my PB (6600#). This weight includes the added Undercover tonneau and Bed Rug bed liner, everything needed for towing, including the hitch and bars, full tank of gas, and both my wife and I. The GVWR is 7350#.

View attachment 178365

This weight ticket is with trailer hitched but with the WDH bars connected.
View attachment 178366
The last weight ticket is with the WDH connected.
View attachment 178367

The first weight was $12.50. The two subsequent re-weighs were $3.00 each.
I witnessed the very granular effort that you made including the multiple mental calculations going through your head before the truck was even built.
In other words, those scale tickets didn't happen by chance. Instead they are a reward of careful planning. Earned!

·
Premium Member
14,036 Posts
Yea, that's what I love about Ford.
They'll let you have any drivetrain in any trim.

XL can even get the Hybrid 3.5
But admittedly, you have to have 4 doors

·
Premium Member
14,036 Posts
Understandable.
But down here an F150 is often the family's stationwagon or SUV or Minivan.

They pull up to Whataburger and a crowd climbs out. Often more than the number of seat belts onboard. :)

·
Premium Member
14,036 Posts
Younger days, decades ago mind you, I tortured myself with MG's lack of reliability, but loved them.
Motorcycles were my preference though.

Probably explains my affinity for lightweight 2-seaters to this day.

·
Premium Member
14,036 Posts
It'd be different if Ford wouldn't paint the inside of the bed so beautifully. That paint is just too beautiful to wrecklessy gouge.

This is my 3rd truck in a row that I'm deciding my approach to using it as a truck bed, but protecting the surfaces from visual scars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts