F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
So hows that work out for hp at the crank based on lb/min. so at 68lb min your making 680ish hp crank?

I have seen spikes of 52lb/min on my GT's, but it hovers around 44-45lb/min on long pulls. So i should only be at 450hp crank, and 400 to the tires roughly right?
There may also be some error in the airflow estimate because the efficiency and other turbo related quadratic coefficients are no longer correct. It may be possible to use the coefficients from the 2017 3.5 but not sure if anyone does that.

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
There may also be some error in the airflow estimate because the efficiency and other turbo related quadratic coefficients are no longer correct. It may be possible to use the coefficients from the 2017 3.5 but not sure if anyone does that.
Good point, I think that is one of the things off on mine with using the 2019 turbos. I should probably look into that, it might be throwing off a number of calculations.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Good point, I think that is one of the things off on mine with using the 2019 turbos. I should probably look into that, it might be throwing off a number of calculations.
Should be mostly plug-n-play. My 2014 on the left and a 2018 on the right.

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Well this thread just got interesting 🍿

Reactions: Tim_M

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2012 3.5 and I have it tuned by MPT the mods are a mishimoto intercooler, AFE stage 2 intake and some Msd ignition coils and MPT said that running their E30 tune they are estimating it to be in the 400-420 WHP and 500 WTQ ish range, what’s some other mods I can do to get to the 460-480 WHP range, any suggestions?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a 2012 3.5 and I have it tuned by MPT the mods are a mishimoto intercooler, AFE stage 2 intake and some Msd ignition coils and MPT said that running their E30 tune they are estimating it to be in the 400-420 WHP and 500 WTQ ish range, what’s some other mods I can do to get to the 460-480 WHP range, any suggestions?
Best i got was 434whp out of the factory turbos. Maybe i could of got some more power with ethanol im not sure. I can tell you though if you plan on pushing the factory turbos past 18-19 psi get a water meth kit and use it for cooling to combat the heat. My truck was so consistent even hot lapping it at the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
XDI HPFP and e85.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh nice, I have a dragy and on my 91 tune I get 5.8-5.9 0-60s and the E30 tune lets me pull 5.3-5.4 and this is with a 3 inch leveling kit and 33x12.5 mud terrain tires, I’m hoping to get it into the 4s on the 0-60 so we’ll see what all I have to do to get there :)

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Oh nice, I have a dragy and on my 91 tune I get 5.8-5.9 0-60s and the E30 tune lets me pull 5.3-5.4 and this is with a 3 inch leveling kit and 33x12.5 mud terrain tires, I’m hoping to get it into the 4s on the 0-60 so we’ll see what all I have to do to get there :)
I would have to look, but think my best on dragy was 5.07. I wasn’t able to launch the best due to front wheel hop. Hopefully fixed now with a front diff brace.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,901 Posts
Keep in mind those times listed above for TFL/5* was on a prepared surface and with zero regard for mechanical concern.

For me those numbers are a measurement of potential. It's what the truck CAN do in best circumstances. Just like any bragging rights automobile magazine article that tests the same car you own.

So around the water cooler at work I have a 4.x 0-60 truck. Literally. But I'm not likely to ever actually suffer my drivetrain to experience what would only last 4.x seconds. Lol

I'll just grin everytime I DO experience the same exact power/acceleration that they experienced, but from 10-70 instead. And not have to keep my fingers crossed that there are only so many of those that I am going to get away with.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well..... after a few runs I now have what I think is a messed up transmission, going to shift into 3rd at wot it hit some sort of neutral and then immediately shifted into 1st gear mind you I’m still going like 75, now it shifts rougher and makes a whirring sound when I drive it🥲

·
Administrator
11,325 Posts
We've had a lot of trouble with my truck shifting like that. Getting stuck in 5th also. Boostking helped with that the most.

If it goes back to acting like normal after a period of time or after a restart I'd say it's the same stuff I dealt with.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Should be mostly plug-n-play. My 2014 on the left and a 2018 on the right.
Howdy!

Now I could be wrong (been there before) but I'm pretty sure those coefficients don't play a big factor in the airflow calculation as a whole. In other words I don't believe they impact the "AIRFLOW #/MIN" in your datalog because this is a speed density vehicle, and really all the PCM needs to figure out airflow pretty closely, is manifold volume, manifold pressure, engine displacement, and some data on the engine flow characteristics (basically the quadratics in the speed density section of your tune).

My best estimation for the coefficients you posted is to estimate turbo temperature and efficiency as a whole. Things like estimated turbine speed, temperature, etc. The reason I believe this comes from the fact that we have some people out there running HUGE turbos on these 2.3 and 2.0 Focus and Mustang cars and I guarantee that information (coefficients) are left stock. The PCM probably uses it for something, but I don't think it's critical. On the other hand, if you have something like Ryan with 17+ Turbos, and can copy the data from that vehicle, it wont hurt at all.

Also, when calculating your hp using airflow, try to pick a part of the log where you don't have a spike, like often occurs when the throttle closes on a shift. Your 58 spike is probably more like 54#.

Most GT's I do at good elevation will get around 50-54#'s at about 19-20 psi depending on mods.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just curious, what’s the 0-60s you guys are pulling in your trucks if you know?
My best is a 4.68 0-60 with the truck at 63-6400lbs with a 13.1x 1/4 mile. Probably did a bit better then that on my 12.96 1/4 run

On the streets i get about 4.9-5.0 on heavy rims and tires with the truck weighing 6600-6700lbs

21 - 40 of 61 Posts