F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines a month old and I've been washing mine every weekend. Sometimes twice a week. I've then already waxed it twice. Gotta keep that brand new shine. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Until winter hit, it was at least once a week... now that we got snow, it hasn't been done in a month... looking pretty sad right now & can't quite tell what colour it is right now...

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I've washed mine I think once since August. Hahaha. Only 4500 km though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Prob once a month in winter, once every 2 weeks in summer. In winter i dont hand wash though, just drive threw touchless car wash to get some of the salt off it.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
During the summer it's at least once a week, but she stays dirty in the winter time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I try not to put water on it too often if I can help it, as it's not necessarily good for it.

Quick washes are key... clean the wheels (I cant stand brake dust stained rims), spray the truck off and do a good towel dry/cleaning, etc. I really don't have to do a full deep clean / detail that often, and the truck stays looking good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not as much as I like.....
Once a week at the touch less just to get the salt off.
I can't wait til spring to hand wash her once a week. Plus the shoulder should be all rehabbed up by then. Last of 3 surgeries. I hope. Looking forward to giving the boost some love. I got the truck in November. So I really haven't had a chance to give her the affection she deserves.....

P.s. The dealer gave me a free hand wash the other day. Hm why did they do that? I was wondering the same. Then they told me they blew a tire when they ran it into the lift.....got a new tire too. I ain't mad. They made it right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everytime I go on a dusty road. When I get home I got to wipe it down with a towel. I'm dreading the first rock that flys up and hits it. lol

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Everytime I go on a dusty road. When I get home I got to wipe it down with a towel. I'm dreading the first rock that flys up and hits it. lol
That's not a good thing to do... you're rubbing dirt and sand on your paint...

·
Registered
900 Posts
Mine gets washed once a week and waxed every month since i bought it in april last year

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Hmmm. When it's not dusty do you settle for a wipe down with sandpaper?

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's not a good thing to do... you're rubbing dirt and sand on your paint...
I've only been down a gravel road once so far and I always hose it down and then wipe

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've only been down a gravel road once so far and I always hose it down and then wipe
That's not as bad, but I'd at least a quick detail spray on there to provide a buffer between the dust and the clear coat.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Car wash once or twice every few weeks now, my truck is tan more often than black. I gave her a hand wash yesterday, looks so damn good cleaned up! I might have to make this a weekend ritual

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go out and find a rock, throw it at the truck, boom! done! I am always relieved when I get my first scratch and my truck it is not longer a virgin! After all, it is a truck, and it has a job to do, take and abuse and like it! Take your baby out in the mud and let it show you what it can do!;) Clean and shiny is only a bucket of suds away!

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
191 Posts
After 24 new vehicles in my life, I only wash them when the dirt is bugging me too much. That means 6 to 8 washes and 1 wax a year. Many times I wash during a light rain so I don't have to battle the sun drying my work. Then I pull it inside and dry it off. This keeps me busy with the car, truck, boat, tractor, UTV, and all the other equipment and their maintenance.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Go out and find a rock, throw it at the truck, boom! done! I am always relieved when I get my first scratch and my truck it is not longer a virgin! After all, it is a truck, and it has a job to do, take and abuse and like it! Take your baby out in the mud and let it show you what it can do!;) Clean and shiny is only a bucket of suds away!
Mine lost her virginity on the in-field of Talladega Super Speedway. Somebody put a damn fire pit next to my baby, and a I rubbed it a bit on the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wash about every 2-3 days but I have put 22000 miles since July when I bought her

Sent from my iPad using F150 EcoBoost

1 - 20 of 45 Posts