F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone changed the transmission? I took mine to the dealer to have it checked out because it was not shifting and when it would it would be a hard shift from first to 3rd and then it would be stuck on either 1st or 3rd gear and would just jump around to all gear but would not advance at random times. It started off by feeling a hard shift from 6th to 4th on hard acceleration then it would squeal on 4th/5th gear under load but mostly in 5th. I also have a few codes on it P0741, P07AA and P1744. They told me to definitely found out the issue they would have to pull the trans oil pan and cut the oil filter, at this point from what I have found the torque converter clutch is pretty much bad also I have decreased mpg's. they quoted me $5417.00 plus tax to change the trans and torque converter. at this point I am willing to do it myself as I found a upgraded trans for half the cost pretty much. I am wondering if there is any advice on changing it thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
Your gunna need to get the truck a ways off the ground the get the trans out.

Last time i pulled a trans was on my 2006 GTO and I used an atv/motorcycle jack and strapped the trans to it. I used a few wood blocks to make sure the jack lifted the trans straight.

Unbolt the bellhousing from the engine and use the atv jacket to wheel the trans straight back to slide the input shaft out of the crank. Once its clear, lower the jack and slide the transmission out from under the truck.

The other time i pulled a trans i pulled the engine and transfer case with it still bolted together using an engine crane.

Reactions: julian406

·
Registered
9,077 Posts

One of these.

Reactions: julian406

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,648 Posts
Too bad the torque converter is done. Because everything else you describe could be addressed for just a few hundred bucks in driveway. (leadframe/solenoids/valve body)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.