F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes you can do that, however occasionally it may not work. When I remote tune, I obviously cannot be in the customers vehicle, so I set up a config in livelink and then put that on the device.

Here is how. Written quickly, no screen shots.

On the first page of Livelink there are several buttons. Second one from the bottom says "I want to create a datalog configuration file". Click that.

Next click - Vehicle is NOT available - I want to create a configuration file disconnected.

On the next page, FORD is already selected and so is the CAN ISO-14229 protocol. Leave that. To the right of that, type the first 5 characters of your strategy. Example KGCTA

In the 3 bubbles - make sure the bottom one is selected "Do not validate (load complete list).

Then at the bottom right side click on Select Items.

This will show you a list of PIDS that you can select. Go through them and choose what you want. Then when you want to put it on the device, connect your device to your computer and click Export DLF/DLX at the top menu bar and it will put it on the device. You may have to check communications with the device. This will put the list of pids into a file on your device that you can use to datalog right on your device.

Hope this helps.
Perfect. Do you have to put it back to stock to do this? Or can you do it with it tuned still?

·
Administrator
9,768 Posts
Yes you can do that, however occasionally it may not work. When I remote tune, I obviously cannot be in the customers vehicle, so I set up a config in livelink and then put that on the device.

Here is how. Written quickly, no screen shots.

On the first page of Livelink there are several buttons. Second one from the bottom says "I want to create a datalog configuration file". Click that.

Next click - Vehicle is NOT available - I want to create a configuration file disconnected.

On the next page, FORD is already selected and so is the CAN ISO-14229 protocol. Leave that. To the right of that, type the first 5 characters of your strategy. Example KGCTA

In the 3 bubbles - make sure the bottom one is selected "Do not validate (load complete list).

Then at the bottom right side click on Select Items.

This will show you a list of PIDS that you can select. Go through them and choose what you want. Then when you want to put it on the device, connect your device to your computer and click Export DLF/DLX at the top menu bar and it will put it on the device. You may have to check communications with the device. This will put the list of pids into a file on your device that you can use to datalog right on your device.

Hope this helps.
YOU MEAN ALL THIS TIME I DIDNT HAVE TO SWELTER INSIDE THE TRUCK WHILE I BUILD A CONFIG???

Lol

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Perfect. Do you have to put it back to stock to do this? Or can you do it with it tuned still?
Can do it while tuned. Np

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

61 - 63 of 63 Posts