1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Seems I've seen this posted before lately, just don't know where here:confused:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Don't have to read... the first post tells you all you need. You want "Bambi mode" and it should be well documented in the Google doc. Don't cheap out on the OBD interface... the OBDLink MX is highly recommended.

·
Registered
94 Posts
just upgrade them to rigged off road lights and wire them to toggle and then bambi mode will be bypassed and once you use forscan ford and see the foot print when they hook up too it, they will tell you, warranty voided

·
Registered
395 Posts
^^^ Fairly certain Ford isn't going to do squat about you adjusting parameters in FORscan. It's not as if you are reprogramming the ECU...eg: custom tune...you are simply changing factory settings that already exist.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
^^^ Fairly certain Ford isn't going to do squat about you adjusting parameters in FORscan. It's not as if you are reprogramming the ECU...eg: custom tune...you are simply changing factory settings that already exist.
Actually, you're reprogramming the Body Control Module... but no, it won't set off any alarms when the dealer plugs the scan tool into the truck.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
The Brite Box.. made by aspire auto accessories. A stand a lone unit that does exactly what you are looking for. Super easy install. Affordable. Plug & play and Looks factory. So it doesn't void warranty. They have 3 different types. What you are looking for is called the brite box fogster.

www.aspireautoaccessories.com/thebritebox
Forscan is free...

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
x2 on the Forscan. On Forscan it's called "bambi mod". Search for that you'll get all kinds of info

·
Registered
301 Posts
+1 for Bambi mod and FORScan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What can you do to get fog lights to stay on when you have high beams on ?
I use The Brite Box primarily because I have used it on basically all my pickups I've owned. It's plug and play really easy to install. It's great if you want a stand alone unit and looking for a simple solution to keep your fogs on with high beams, I highly recommend it. It's made with quality parts and the company has great customer service. I always try and put one of them on my vehicles whenever possible and so far they have always made it happen. I've never messed with Forscan "Bambi mode" before, I hear a lot about it and I'm sure it works fine, but I've never went wrong with the brite box and I'll continue to put them on my vehicles.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I use The Brite Box primarily because I have used it on basically all my pickups I've owned. It's plug and play really easy to install. It's great if you want a stand alone unit and looking for a simple solution to keep your fogs on with high beams, I highly recommend it. It's made with quality parts and the company has great customer service. I always try and put one of them on my vehicles whenever possible and so far they have always made it happen. I've never messed with Forscan "Bambi mode" before, I hear a lot about it and I'm sure it works fine, but I've never went wrong with the brite box and I'll continue to put them on my vehicles.
It seems totally strange to me that you'd want to continue installing a unit that you must purchase and then wire in (even if it is plug-and-play) versus literally changing one bit in one computer module and accomplishing the same thing.

Bambi mod and Forscan here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Talked to the dealer where I bought my truck about the forscan they said only problem would be if a problem
cam up with the body control module and seeing the reprograming of the fog lights would void my warranty.
I just bypassed the fog switch and went to a relay switch combo, works fine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts