F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name is Joe and I'm less than a week away from the arrival of my custom ordered 2013 FX2 Sterling Grey Scab.
It'll be replacing an '09 Ram hemi quadcab and I can't wait to realize the difference between the two!
My F-150 was ordered 401A package with electro-locking 3.73 (max trailer towing package), remote start/keyless entry and factory 20's.
I've plans to immediately de-sticker rear quarters, remove side-steps, install TonnoPro cover, stubby antennae & 5% the front windows.

In the next few weeks I hope to have enough saved up to order McGaughy's 2/4 drop (or Belltech....would appreciate any insight you might be able to bring on this choice), Livernoise tune, 4" aFe single-side, Airraid CAI and other fun stuff.

Type talk to me.

Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy the truck. I can't help you with the mods but I bet someone here can. Good luck with your new truck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome!

It sounds like you have some great plans for your EcoBeast!

Keep us posted on your progress, and we all like pics.

SPPD

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Joe, I think your on the rite track with your ideas. I have a 2012 fx4 with the max tow/haul package as well. I have 34,000kms on it after a year of hard driving in all weather conditions. Only had 5,000kms on it when I put an afe stage 2 intake and a 4" heartthrobe exhaust on it. What a difference! It smokes all the competition in a straight line and stands out even more when I put my 8200lb toy hauler behind it. I promise no other gas unit will stand up to you! Only issue I had was with the factory couplers afe gives you to mate with the stock intake pipes. In alberta we get some -40 weather and these couplers started to crack and break,caused my right side turbo selinoid to blow. No big deal, I put the stock intake back on and had it warrenty repaired. Then found The exact same size couplers at JB's. They are way stronger silicone and no more issues. Just something to look into if your going that route. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome Joe! Good to have you on board and seeing you have a solid game plan on the Mods! It will be night and day compared to your old Hemi! The power is insane and like Fx4 4fun mentioned no other gas motors will come close. I have pulled well over 12k with no issues and power to spare. Plus the motor handles extreme cold weather with ease (the electric power steering has no lines to blow) and idle time doesn't kill your fuel consumption given its a smaller motor. Keep us posted on how the mods come along excited to hear and see!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
AK-KingBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing