Modinstrator
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You knew they had to do something to have a go at the TRX. Glad to see this. :p

Just isn’t happening soon enough.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Lots of interesting changes going on with the new raptor. Coil springs in the rear, new equal length active valve exhaust system, fog lights (still can’t believe it took them this long), optional 37” tires, and like you mention the new Raptor R coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
This reveal was very unimpressive. Ram is probably laughing hysterically.

Not that i think this ttruck isnt an improvement but they didnt even release the power number for the ecoboost version.

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
2019 3.5 XLT/SE 4X4 Magnetic SuperCrew 6.5 box 3.55 rear
87 Posts

Not that i think this ttruck isnt an improvement but they didnt even release the power number for the ecoboost version.
Couldn’t agree more on that. I was really excited for this reveal, I had an alarm set so I wouldn’t forget. And it was basically a 3 minute commercial with no info. Still can’t wait to find out if the predator is really going in.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Couldn’t agree more on that. I was really excited for this reveal, I had an alarm set so I wouldn’t forget. And it was basically a 3 minute commercial with no info. Still can’t wait to find out if the predator is really going in.
I bet its not. Rumor has it there is a 6.8L aluminum block version of the 7.3L godzilla in the works.

I think if it was the predator then they would have had it ready.

·
Registered
2019 3.5 XLT/SE 4X4 Magnetic SuperCrew 6.5 box 3.55 rear
87 Posts
I did see that rumor a time or two as well. I just keep my dream alive by telling myself it would obviously have to be a “version” of the predator. Some changes would have to be made as we all know. Either way you can’t go wrong with a big nasty V8 in any Raptor. And that’s from a true Ecoboost believer

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,522 Posts

Yes they did. Same 450 hp and 510 tq.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I bet its not. Rumor has it there is a 6.8L aluminum block version of the 7.3L godzilla in the works.

I think if it was the predator then they would have had it ready.
Raptor R will have the 5.8.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
Factory 37's, completely revamped suspension, an honest to goodness good sounding exhaust this side of a GTR, + all the 2021 F150 improvements.

Sure, the "I wanna V8 Raptor" guys are going to have to wait a few more months, but the 2021 Raptor is the wickedest OEM F150 Ford has ever built. We're really getting hard to impress.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Factory 37's, completely revamped suspension, an honest to goodness good sounding exhaust this side of a GTR, + all the 2021 F150 improvements.

Sure, the "I wanna V8 Raptor" guys are going to have to wait a few more months, but the 2021 Raptor is the wickedest OEM F150 Ford has ever built. We're really getting hard to impress.

I also thought the exhaust note was one of the best tones I’ve heard from an ecoboost. Definitely gave me R35 GTR vibes!

The thought of “wish I had a V8” would NOT be on my mind if I were behind the wheel of a 2021 Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
Yea, they are making us wait for numbers. But seriously, around this forum with the huge plethora of tuning history and data, we all HAVE to know that Ford can pretty much decide to make any increase they want to. It's literally a decision driven by a debate in a conference room somewhere.

If they want it to be 475, it's 475
If they want a nice round 500, they can just decide to.
We're talking at the crank.
I'd LOVE to hear that debate and the kind of arguments for narrowing it to leaving low hanging fruit and how much? :)

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
It was in the story you posted lol
I didnt post it.

Tfl is report no power numbers yet and neither of these articles mention it. They say ford didn’t release the numbers and the old raptor is 450/510

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
My bad. It says ‘current raptor’ and I took it to mean 2021. I don’t live in the past :unsure: Not an outlander:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Yea, they are making us wait for numbers. But seriously, around this forum with the huge plethora of tuning history and data, we all HAVE to know that Ford can pretty much decide to make any increase they want to. It's literally a decision driven by a debate in a conference room somewhere.

If they want it to be 475, it's 475
If they want a nice round 500, they can just decide to.
We're talking at the crank.
I'd LOVE to hear that debate and the kind of arguments for narrowing it to leaving low hanging fruit and how much? :)

But nobody cares. Everyone was all hyped up about the TRX. Then Ford hypes everyone up for this reveal, and everyone collectively face palmed.

Now ford is resorting to twitter and instagram to appease all the people asking about the V8 because they realized they botched the reveal.

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
The undercarriage shots at ripping speed is awesome. (the first couple of minutes)

I would love someday to drive one in its element like this. I've ridden motorcycles all over the world and in all kinds of scenarios, and high speed desert running ranks as one of the best feeeeeling things I've ever experienced on wheels. (I was a decade younger, of course)

The fact that a bone stock truck looks like it could BLAZE the same trek is just amazing. 15" of travel caught on tape is cool.

Reactions: Mike2019SCrew

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
But nobody cares. Everyone was all hyped up about the TRX.
That's kinda the point I'm making. (or failing to make) All those people care about is a bragging rights numerical value. They are clamoring for a 7. The truck JUST NEEDS A 7xx horsepower rating.

I thought it was hilarious that TFL took the Raptor (2020), the 7xx TRX, and a lowly ole regular, but 5* tuned, F150 3.5EB and the F150 just about pulled an upset on the ¼mile drag races. It killed the Raptor and had the TRX wideeyed staring out the side window.

I'm not going to bash the Ram. I love the gonads of American Truck manufacturers. We're awesome and crazy. But there's so much more to the total package and the mission statement than that stupid (forgive me lol) 7

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
There are too many keyboard warriors that hyped "The Raptor will have a V8" thing, not Ford. I would rather they put one out in 2022 and have some more/better R&D behind it, instead of kicking it out the door too soon because Fiat has a motor they stuff in everything. The TRX is still under suspended and unproven. It sure is cool to see some Raptor competition though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts