F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Gotta admit I thought it would be a Coyote as they already know how they fit in an F150 and it’s variant powers the Shelby GT500. I just assumed...

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Gotta admit I thought it would be a Coyote as they already know how they fit in an F150 and it’s variant powers the Shelby GT500. I just assumed...
That probably IS the easiest/least effort approach. But honestly, it would be ho-hum in short order because it would be less than ground breaking fresh AND not so easy to get that demanded 7? Lol

The fact that they chose to NOT take the easier approach kind of lends credibility to whatever they are doing it's going to be something thought out. Something that warrants serious Raptor focused engineering. Raptor is a heck of a Brand. It's not Shelby territory, hopefully. That's its own brand and deserves its own territory too.

But I don't have a crystal ball and so my so-called educated guess is just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
How does the coil rear help off road/pre running?

I get a kick out of everyone saying the Ram is better because it has more power. The Raptor is WAY lighter and has more proven use, I think using it in true form, it would out preform the TRX aka pre running.

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That probably IS the easiest/least effort approach. But honestly, it would be ho-hum in short order because it would be less than ground breaking fresh AND not so easy to get that demanded 7? Lol

The fact that they chose to NOT take the easier approach kind of lends credibility to whatever they are doing it's going to be something thought out. Something that warrants serious Raptor focused engineering. Raptor is a heck of a Brand. It's not Shelby territory, hopefully. That's its own brand and deserves its own territory too.

But I don't have a crystal ball and so my so-called educated guess is just a guess.

Have they?

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Have they?
It's just an educated guess based on what they DIDN'T do?

Regardless of what the public might think, Ford - Chevy - Ram....... As manufacturers know way more about what each other is "up to" than we might imagine. Or let's just say that it would be a little naive to think that inside the walls of Ford that the TRX blindsided them?

In other words, whatever Ford's so called TRX response is, it's not hard for me to believe that it has been in the works for much longer than it is being played out publicly. And yet they HAVEN'T responded with an relatively easy response of packaging a drivetrain that they COULD have if they wanted to..... namely a partsbin approach like mentioned.

Sure, I could be reading too much into them not releasing a V8 Raptor already, but I'm convinced that if they thought they had to they could have.

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We’ll see.

·
Registered
905 Posts
This looks like a mid cycle refresh, not "all new". The Ram looks better and has numbers to make the raptor look silly. Let's be honest though, both are mall crawling soy boy trucks that will get washed/waxed and drive down a two tracker once while the owner posts on instagram with sweet filters.

When I hear the TRX isn't proven...ehh. the 6.2 has been in a few other cars and seems fine. Didn't we hear that about the ecoboost name, other forums still talk about "unproven" turbocharged engine blah blah.

Ford drops advertising here and there. When the 7.3 was released with some specs but hp/tq didn't exist, yeah right. It seems like they withhold info so they have something to talk about in a few weeks/months to stay relevant and keep people excited about their brand. 100+ yr old company that makes cars doesn't have info on a car they're trying to sell because "muh epa numbers"...nice try Ford.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
We’ll see.
Lol
That's certainly true!

So, a gentlemens wager based on existing Blown Coyote VS Not Blown Coyote?

The winner would be declared as Less of a silly ole goat than the loser. :)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
There are too many keyboard warriors that hyped "The Raptor will have a V8" thing, not Ford. I would rather they put one out in 2022 and have some more/better R&D behind it, instead of kicking it out the door too soon because Fiat has a motor they stuff in everything. The TRX is still under suspended and unproven. It sure is cool to see some Raptor competition though.
My point wasn't to say the truck is a disappointment. The reveal was. They jumped the gun and then were trying to scurry to instagram to fix it.

They should have just waited.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
That's kinda the point I'm making. (or failing to make) All those people care about is a bragging rights numerical value. They are clamoring for a 7. The truck JUST NEEDS A 7xx horsepower rating.

I thought it was hilarious that TFL took the Raptor (2020), the 7xx TRX, and a lowly ole regular, but 5* tuned, F150 3.5EB and the F150 just about pulled an upset on the ¼mile drag races. It killed the Raptor and had the TRX wideeyed staring out the side window.

I'm not going to bash the Ram. I love the gonads of American Truck manufacturers. We're awesome and crazy. But there's so much more to the total package and the mission statement than that stupid (forgive me lol) 7

These trucks are almost worthless from the perspective of being a truck. They are meant to be big, obnoxious and fast off-road and serve little other purpose.

Whether or not the Ecoboost can make 500hp or not, that isn't the point. People want a V8 because, when they spend $70k+ on vehicle that serves no purpose but scratching some itch they have, they wanna hear the V8 roar.

Ram could have put a non-supercharged 480hp 6.4L Hemi in the TRX and people still would have jumped for joy. Instead they put in a 700 hp blown 6.2L for only 10-12k more than the Raptor with a 450hp V6. If I have that much disposable income to buy something like this, I'll find the extra $10k.

And I get it. I drive my slow-ass lexus aggressively all the time just so I can hear the V8 wind up. My Ecoboost is more powerful, more torquey and faster, but it just doesn't give that same effect and so I end up just kind cruising around. My F150 is a tool. I bought the engine that makes it the best tool for the job it needs to do, which is pull a trailer.

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lol
That's certainly true!

So, a gentlemens wager based on existing Blown Coyote VS Not Blown Coyote?

The winner would be declared as Less of a silly ole goat than the loser. :)

@snakebitten, you seem to be reading too much into my comments, more than I intended anyway. I’m not convinced that it will go either way. In fact my earlier post was basically saying ”I assumed” (and incorrectly) simply because of parts on hand and knowing it would fit. The fact that they didn’t release this truck surprised me. I really thought they’d have something to show yesterday.

·
Registered
905 Posts
These trucks are almost worthless from the perspective of being a truck. They are meant to be big, obnoxious and fast off-road and serve little other purpose.

Whether or not the Ecoboost can make 500hp or not, that isn't the point. People want a V8 because, when they spend $70k+ on vehicle that serves no purpose but scratching some itch they have, they wanna hear the V8 roar.

Ram could have put a non-supercharged 480hp 6.4L Hemi in it and people still would have jumped for joy.

And I get it. I drive my slow-ass lexus aggressively all the time just so I can hear the V8 wind up. My Ecoboost is more powerful, more torquey and faster, but it just doesn't give that same effect and so I end up just kind cruising around.
I was trying to be nice. But yeah, these are the worst example of a truck that exists w/low payload/towing numbers.

If I want a fast vehicle, I'll get a car. Trucks can't compete with cars when it comes to go fast or handling.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
@snakebitten, you seem to be reading too much into my comments, more than I intended anyway. I’m not convinced that it will go either way. In fact my earlier post was basically saying ”I assumed” (and incorrectly) simply because of parts on hand and knowing it would fit. The fact that they didn’t release this truck surprised me. I really thought they’d have something to show yesterday.
That's just me being me. I read too much into lots of things because.....well, I think it's just my nature.

The only advice I have for others is to not take me too seriously. The problem with the typed word is that there's no choice but to assume the appropriate mood or tone. Since almost nobody here has ever met me, how could they possibly know that I shouldn't be taken very seriously because I'm mostly unserious. So much so that I have heard the complaint "you need to take this serious" more times than I can count.

Anyways, I love Raptors. Lol

And sure, if I had one, most days it would be a mall crawler and draw the ire of some of my forum mates apparently. But I'd do my best to use it as a Raptor for at least 1/2 a mile everytime I got in it since every trip starts and ends with my dirt road.

And I guarantee you that on many occasions I would just HAVE to raise a little cane on the pipeline that crosses the property because it would CALL to me to. That thing would rarely be clean. :)

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No doubt a lot of people feel that way.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Oh I want to hear the gnashing of teeth if the R isn't street legal!

My reply would be Yaw demanded an answer to the TRX as though it's apples/apples within the Raptor mission statement. Well here you go. Lol

Bring your TRX to the desert and let's compare. :)

If you really meant that you just wanted to drag race the TRX, you don't need a Raptor for that. Grab a Shelby Blown Coyote F150 and admit that's what you meant?

I'm just having fun poking the number-bear.

A Raptor in its element doesn't need 7xx
If you want to make it an even better Raptor, then yea, out comes the airbags and in goes the cage. :)

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
This looks like a mid cycle refresh, not "all new". The Ram looks better and has numbers to make the raptor look silly. Let's be honest though, both are mall crawling soy boy trucks that will get washed/waxed and drive down a two tracker once while the owner posts on instagram with sweet filters.

When I hear the TRX isn't proven...ehh. the 6.2 has been in a few other cars and seems fine. Didn't we hear that about the ecoboost name, other forums still talk about "unproven" turbocharged engine blah blah.

Ford drops advertising here and there. When the 7.3 was released with some specs but hp/tq didn't exist, yeah right. It seems like they withhold info so they have something to talk about in a few weeks/months to stay relevant and keep people excited about their brand. 100+ yr old company that makes cars doesn't have info on a car they're trying to sell because "muh epa numbers"...nice try Ford.
Hey man what I do on my Saturdays and Instagram is none of your concern. If I want to mall crawl and flex on coffee table sized boulders at cars and coffee that's my choice. Don't tell me what to do with my Oprah money

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Lol
It feels good to come clean, no?

Reactions: sleipnir
21 - 40 of 55 Posts