F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before COVID I was driving on average about 18k miles per year, after COVID I am averaging probably around 4-5k miles per year. My wife was doing a similar amount. With 4 kids we are busy. Since I have been working from home since then and kids activities have been cancelled, we notice we are saving about $600 a month on fuel.

We went for a trip this weekend with the camper and I noticed since my last oil change my average MPG is showing 11.3. Before that it was about. 14.5. Then I did some quick math. Use to average about 90% non towing and 10% towing more than 5k lbs. Since COVID I have towed about 90% of the miles my truck is driven.

Not complaining. I just found it interesting how much my driving has changed. Of course summer played an impact too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You ain't the only one.

I averaged ~25K a year in the truck and the wife about ~22K. Since March, I have managed to put just over 5K miles on the truck and her about 2.5K.
On top of the gas saved, neither of us are paying bridge toll, between us $11 a day multiplied by 4 times a week.

The longest trip our truck as been on was about 70 miles one way. I used to do 80 miles a day!

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Same here. I put 10k miles on my truck betwen October of 2019 and october 2020. I bet 5k of that was towing.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,972 Posts
I have put more miles on my pickup this year than ever.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I would normally be putting 3-8K on a Motorcoach right now. Haven’t driven a coach since summer training in April.

I’ve put about 15K on truck since returning from vacation in March.

My wife works for the school district and normally filled hers about every week and a half. Moved now we are filling about every month and a half. Probably added 5K to hers.

2013 FX4 CCSB | Leer Cap | S&B CAI, BBK TB | Arc Rite Brush Guard | Rigid Lighting | JW Speaker Fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,821 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s no wonder the used truck market is going crazy. This keeps up and it’s getting harder to justify buying a new one since it’s not getting much wear and tear!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
A little less overall for me, I’ve worked from home for 3 years now, so no commute impact for me.

Saved miles on my truck are from less road trips and exploring this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
42 Posts
Im not going anywhere till the dealership fixes my truck 😅...😫...😑

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I’m an essential worker. My driving miles are the same but my mpg went up to 17.2 from 16.8 because the highways aren’t as crowded and I’m not sitting in traffic. But traffic is slowly getting worse as some reopening is happening.

·
Registered
181 Posts
More miles on my truck this year than ever maybe... I usually do a couple cross country road trips, but this year I had to PCS from NC to WA, then immediately go TDY down to Texas for 10 weeks then back to WA. I love traveling so much though.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
A lot of my miles are leisure miles now. I don’t do any Rideshare (Uber/Lyft) anymore due to COVID, so no paid miles.

Looking out over the inlet towards The Sleeping Lady.

2013 FX4 CCSB | Leer Cap | S&B CAI, BBK TB | Arc Rite Brush Guard | Rigid Lighting | JW Speaker Fogs

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Last winter I was rolling around 3K ish a month in one of these. Got in one yesterday after not driving them for six months.

460 miles yesterday. It felt good. Don’t know how much you really miss it until you haven’t done it for a while.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
460 on that airride captains chair is hardly taxing, no?

Driver has the best seat in the house in that.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: akmedic77

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
460 on that airride captains chair is hardly taxing, no?

Driver has the best seat in the house in that.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Best seat is true! Given the choice of what we refer to as our “Mountain Coaches” or our older “Black Bumper” coaches, I’ll take the Mountain Coach every time! Mountain Coaches are 2013-2020 and Black Bumpers are 2001-2007. Company skipped a few years between some acquisitions and mergers.

Spurr happens to be a 2019. Last two winters coach for me was a 2001, Tanaga. All of our coaches and luggage trucks are named after mountains. Our small rigs are fish. Haha.

Thankfully weather was great, but we still have some packed snow, ice covered and hoar frosted roads. I drove Fairbanks to Delta Junction and then on to Anchorage.

Most of the time it’s still good for the full speed limit, but people can’t maintain speed. Most of our coaches are governed and company policy prohibits passing unless two lanes in same direction, so that gets old really, really fast. Haha. Regardless, I do my best to glide or float the roads.

It was still a beautiful drive.

I knew I missed it, but it was really nice to be driving again. It’s been six months...

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I've been doing a lot of 3rd gear pulls in Mexico lately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts