F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's 15.7 MPG AVG, that is. After getting my PCM flashed by the dealer to correct the 13E03B recall. I was averaging 15.4 on a tank full and I'm at 15.7 with a half tank left! This is encouraging. I'm hoping it will continue to climb.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Whoot Whoot! I average close to 15 with 3.73's. Heavy foot...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoot Whoot! I average close to 15 with 3.73's. Heavy foot...
I've got 3.73's as well. I've been behaving myself with the foot, but there are a few times I've gotten into it. The truck is just too much fun not to let loose every once in a while. Still hoping my mileage will go up as time goes by. What's funny is you barely, and I mean barely, have to touch the pedal to get going. Almost wish Ford would program a wider curve so you depress the pedal a few degrees more before it kicks in.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had an average of about 15.8 but now that it is snowing and in the 20 its around 13 with the extra warm up time.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The throttle response is one of my favorite things about our trucks. I hate having to push halfway through the peddle for the truck to move like in my old Dodge.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The throttle response is one of my favorite things about our trucks. I hate having to push halfway through the peddle for the truck to move like in my old Dodge.
that was the hardest thing for me to get used to coming from my chevy cruze was how little pedal is needed, and the breaks being very responsive as well.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that the throttle response is amazing and definitely don't want to have to push the pedal down half way to get going. Just a few more degrees would be great so that when I want to drive in "economy" mode I can have a bit more control over it. Trust me, I'm not complaining in the slightest as I love this truck!!! I rotate between my 2001 F150 (5.4L 4x4) a couple times a week to break things up a bit and there's no comparison. The Ecoboost is a real performer but there's no beating the sound and feel (rumble) of the V8. I really like how quiet the EcoBoost is and won't modify the exhaust or intake.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm closing in on you. I'm getting 15.5 mpg right now (3.73's). Had 16.4 MPG with near a couple hundred miles highway, but since dropped back since coming back to suburbia.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Best I've had yet

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
heres a few of my best that i found on my phone, these are after a few miles on the tank

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 1500 miles on my 4x4 w/ 3.55 and I am avg 19.5, light foot though. Wonder why you guys are getting horrible mileage. Must be the heavy foot action. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 1500 miles on my 4x4 w/ 3.55 and I am avg 19.5, light foot though. Wonder why you guys are getting horrible mileage. Must be the heavy foot action. lol
With the optional 139L bigger gas tank and 355 gears I average 18 to 20mpg. With my 2013 supercrew xlt 4x4 just under 5000miles on her so far

·
Registered
68 Posts
what gearing? Is your truck four or two wheel drive? I'm using 3.73s and 4x4. I know i will never ever see anything near the 20 mile mark with this combo.
3.15 4x2

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw 30mpg once.
After filling it up I coasted down a long hill.:cool:
I'm thinking that is how you achieved that 23.2, a lot of coasting in those 19 miles. :confused:
I was easy on the throttle. Goal was to see how well I could do. Used cruise set at 55-60 for most of it.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Here's my road trip this morning...
View attachment 3658

Brought my lifetime average up to 15.9 :D
My mileage sucks because I spend so much time in traffic...

'13 FX4 3.55's 20" wheels
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im getting 14.2.... max tow package, 373 gears, supercew, 4x4. I just had the 13EO3 recall update this morning so hopefully it gets better. I only have 700 miles so that may be part of the poor mileage too

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im getting 14.2.... max tow package, 373 gears, supercew, 4x4. I just had the 13EO3 recall update this morning so hopefully it gets better. I only have 700 miles so that may be part of the poor mileage too
The good news is I'm still on the same tank of gas since I had the PCM flashed and I'm at 16.8 and tickling the testicles of that sneaky little 9. If I finish this tank off at 16.9 I will be amazed! The flash has definitely made a big difference.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts