F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off merry Christmas to everyone. So went out to the truck to run to the store and it won't start. It'll crank and crank tries hard but just won't fire. Now I'll give it the benefit of the doubt seeing as last night was the coldest night it's ever seen, right near 50 below, I'm thinking that running my timer for the winterization kit may be a bad idea. I have it on two on two off right now. So I've got her plugged in, I'll finish dinner and give it another go in a few hours.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm cold at 50^F....I cant imagine 100^F less than that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could be, but wife's escape started fine. It sounds like it's getting fuel, coughs and sputters a bit then stops. I've got it plugged in now I'll see what it does after a bit. If it still won't start I'll figure it out. Get the weed burner out to warm the block a little. I'm pretty sure it will, just cold. I think I caught it right at the end of its two hour off cycle, so been cold soaked for at least two hours. On a positive not the battery seems to be pretty strong. It's cranking slow but not bad at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I promise you scap, you get used to it quick. My wife's from Texas the first winter here she would have left me if she had the money, now she goes out on the snow machines clear down till 20 below.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I promise you scap, you get used to it quick. My wife's from Texas the first winter here she would have left me if she had the money, now she goes out on the snow machines clear down till 20 below.
Nope, I like it hot, not cold...lol

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The warmest I've ever been in the winter is on a snow sled, it's getting the paper in the morning that sucks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel the same way! Running sets at 40 below for three or four days is great, run out to the truck because I need my wallet, miserable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well plugged in all night last night, this morning it was 44 below. Hit the start button cranked for about 3-5 seconds and fired right up. So I guess no more timer for this truck. The power company is gonna love me! Lol

·
Registered
565 Posts
In the owners manual it say 3 hours it will be heated to as hot as it gets so if you could set a timer for it to turn on 3 hours before you need i bet that would work

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think the timer would be find to the -30ish point... below that I think it would need to be plugged in full time for easy starting...

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah if you need your truck at randoms times through out the day and night i guess leaving it plugged in all the time would be your only option

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
In the owners manual it say 3 hours it will be heated to as hot as it gets so if you could set a timer for it to turn on 3 hours before you need i bet that would work
Ya someone else mentioned that in another post. Set the timer to come on 3 hours before you are going to use the truck and you'll be fine. Leaving it plugged in all night seems to be a waste.
But then again, I've never been in 50 below, -30 yes.
Good luck with it. I'd experiment with just using the timer and setting it 2-3 hours before your going to use it.
I used to leave the diesel plugged in over night and still do on a storm because my route starts at 3am. But other then that I plug & wait.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get random calls to go in all the time so I'm going to try leaving it plugged in full time and see what the light bill does this month. Small price to pay I suppose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts