F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Okay man, you officially have the thread with the longest title in f150ecoboost history. Please don't crash the servers.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I think there is already a thread for this . . . .https://www.f150ecoboost.net/threads/pics-of-your-f150-eb-towing-part-2.79310/

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looks safe.:poop:

·
Registered
70 Posts
How much weight is on the hitch? I tow a 7000 lb trailer with about 900 on the tongue. Add 500 lbs of driver and wife, and we have 36 lbs of payload capacity available. Even with HDPP, it appears you are asking a lot of that F-150.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
How much weight is on the hitch? I tow a 7000 lb trailer with about 900 on the tongue. Add 500 lbs of driver and wife, and we have 36 lbs of payload capacity available. Even with HDPP, it appears you are asking a lot of that F-150.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
He over
Screenshot_20200105-110737.png

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Meaz.....officially moved to the #2 slot on the 38'er TT Towing Heavy> Boost Club...
10K dry-impressive, and nice setup BTW!
20190927_130402.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Meaz shows true statesmanship in being bested and thus stepping down from the mantle. (Although Mr B was also hot on his heels, but with a dose of seemingly reluctance?)

One thing for sure, towing with the mighty Ecoboost is well represented here. (however, I'm not nearly as brave as some of Yaw)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I’m sure the 5th wheel is over weight in the payload area for the F-150 but also isn’t payload measured with a full tank of fuel and 2 passengers at 150 each? I have read this somewhere and everyone keeps saying once that add a full tank they have 20lbs left so they cannot go anywhere.
Of course scales would be the best way to do this, I’m just doing the math to make sure I won’t be overweight before making a purchase.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
So I’m sure the 5th wheel is over weight in the payload area for the F-150 but also isn’t payload measured with a full tank of fuel and 2 passengers at 150 each? I have read this somewhere and everyone keeps saying once that add a full tank they have 20lbs left so they cannot go anywhere.
Of course scales would be the best way to do this, I’m just doing the math to make sure I won’t be overweight before making a purchase.
Payload is a made up calculation. It is GVWR - whatever the truck weighs. The Tire and Loading stickers are simply an anti-lawsuit reaction to the Explorer/Firestone debacle. Thirty years ago, payload was whatever you could get there.

If you truly want to stay within weights, you would need to load your people, fuel, generator, tools, bikes, etc. . . that you intend to carry up and go to a scale. Subtract the total from GVWR and the axle totals from the GAWR (front and rear).

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
The truck weight is measured with all fluids & full tank of gas.
Than add these...
Screenshot_20200105-213509_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Payload is a made up calculation. It is GVWR - whatever the truck weighs. The Tire and Loading stickers are simply an anti-lawsuit reaction to the Explorer/Firestone debacle. Thirty years ago, payload was whatever you could get there.

If you truly want to stay within weights, you would need to load your people, fuel, generator, tools, bikes, etc. . . that you intend to carry up and go to a scale. Subtract the total from GVWR and the axle totals from the GAWR (front and rear).
30 years ago they still had max psi cold/load limits on tires. I assure you .. payload numbers are quite real, not made up

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
30 years ago they still had max psi cold/load limits on tires. I assure you .. payload numbers are quite real, not made up
A little research or a look at an old Ford door pillar will assure you those stickers didn't exist.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Considering that there is no HDPP available in a short box super crew, this regular lariat is WAY over published payload numbers. That tail can wag the sh!t out of the dog. Unsafe, even if it is a “stable” fifth wheel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A little research or a look at an old Ford door pillar will assure you those stickers didn't exist.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE/]
The gvwr, gawr labels all existed. The only difference is today the manufacturer did the maths for the consumer and states a simple number. The labels were there..
truck035.jpg
20171122_101449_4e46ede90c03cda11d99814acadd53486fd58c84.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts