F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had my 2013 ecoboost for a month and a half now and I love this truck. In that month I have added, retrax pro tonneau cover, line x bed liner, ford bed extender, and plasti dipped all the badges and Im getting a tuner, all with the advice and or help of members here or the F150 forum. The next mod, Im really struggling with is the level and tires Im trying to keep my stock grey 20inch wheel mostly because I don't want to spend another 1200 on wheels and I like the wa they look. Problem is I cant seem to get a clear answer on tire size and rubbing. One guy with a 305 or 295 set up says no rubbing and someone else with the exact same set up claims rubbing....Whats the deal??????

·
Registered
564 Posts
There are so many different options with the f150. one guy can have no rubbing where the other has to trim a bunch. it appears that 35\12.50\r20 will fit a leveled fx4 without rubbing but may have a little. some decide to play it safe and stick with 33 or 34s. i cant give you personal experience yet because i have a level but have not gotten 35s yet. waiting for my at2s to wear out a bit.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Did the second person you talked to have custom wheels? The same tire set up on a factory wheel may not work on a custom wheel because of the differences in the offset available.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Depends on the configuration of the truck and size, backspacing of the wheels.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have the same grey 20s with 33x12.5x20 Federal MTs. I only rub alittle when backing up very sharply. And barely rub even then. Stock suspension no level yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts