F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happy. I ordered my FX4 Ecoboost F-150 Crew Cab. Dealer said I might have it last week of June.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty much everything except the FX4 appearance package. I don't like that big decal on the side. Not to mention to have to wax around it. I even ordered it with the factory spray in bed liner.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great! You will absolutely love the EcoBeast.

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
Congrats on the new FX4! Looking forward to pics and thoughts on the new beast!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, I plan on posting pics as well as pics of mods installed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congratulations on your order!! Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the FX4 also without appearance package. I did order the max trailer package,which was impossible to find on the lots. I was told that the dumbo ear mirrors can be replaced with regular mirrors-i wanted the upgrade radiator etc. Also ordered 18" wheels...

Of course, 3 days after ordering, I read about the engine problems. Remind you, I have a first generation duramax that has two sets of injectors replaced....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I ordered the FX4 also without appearance package. I did order the max trailer package,which was impossible to find on the lots. I was told that the dumbo ear mirrors can be replaced with regular mirrors-i wanted the upgrade radiator etc. Also ordered 18" wheels...

Of course, 3 days after ordering, I read about the engine problems. Remind you, I have a first generation duramax that has two sets of injectors replaced....
The only engine problems I have heard about are on the model year 11 and 12 trucks. It has been resolved on the 13's going forward. It really has only affected a small percentage of the trucks sold and in specific climate conditions. You should have nothing to worry about. Welcome to the forum BTW and I know what you mean about finding the Max Tow on the lots. There was only 1 truck in the whole state that had the max tow when I purchased. Personally, I love the dumbo mirrors. Yes, they are big, but they are extremely functional. I would venture to say they are the best mirrors I have had on any vehicle I have ever owned. Post up in the welcome area when you get a chance.

SPPD

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pictures are a must when it comes in! Gonna love it man!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got my vin#. it will be built next week.:cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
So what mods do you have planned?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So what mods do you have planned?
AFE intake, AFE single 4" exhaust, Edge CTS Tuner, Firestone Ride Rite air bags, and the Bak Roll-X bed cover.
Then next year I will put a small lift on it and 35" tires.

·
Registered
122 Posts
AFE intake, AFE single 4" exhaust, Edge CTS Tuner, Firestone Ride Rite air bags, and the Bak Roll-X bed cover.
Then next year I will put a small lift on it and 35" tires.
Well have fun with your new toy! Post pics along the way o your build.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just curious as to why the FX4 as opposed to the FX2? Trying to figure out the difference myself.
4wd is always a nice option as a "just in case". I know mine is lifted and looks like a mud toy but I will tell you she is a street queen. Times out in deer season or whenever it's muddy in the pasture 4wd is always a good thing to have.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
17 Participants
superdutylee
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing