F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I beat my case of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) back in the 90's when I sold off the last of my black vehicles (5 in a row) where I went out every morning before leaving for work and did a full wipe down but I seem to have some reoccurring issues and I'm hoping I'm not the only one. Work provides me with a company truck so my "EcoBeast" stays in the garage for the better part of the week but I find myself rolling it out from the garage every couple days to give it a bath making sure it's clean should the event arise I can jump in and take it for a drive. Now mind you, I live on a dirt road so leaving the ~20' driveway instantly covers it in dust but I can't seem to get over the need to keep this beast clean. Can someone reassure me I haven't lost my mind and there are other people out there that have the same problem?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I always want to clean mine up, but then I feel like i should avoid getting it dirty on the ranches. I didnt wash mine for like 2 months after I bought it because i was constantly on dust dirt roads and would hate to see it get dirty again!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am constantly cleaning mine, the California duster works wonders in between washes!

Reactions: nate2013eb

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Can't stand not to keep mine clean. It's white...so it looks clean for a little longer. It's only going to get harder as the snow (insert choice words here...) has started to fall around here and it is extremely hard to keep it clean when the temperatures stay around freezing. We'll see how long I can keep it clean...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am in the process of trying to buy my F150 right now. I have a black Chev Avalanche right now that does get dirty fast with the black color. I love the looks of a "clean" black truck, so I put up with it. To help with this, I purchase an unlimited car wash package from Holiday ($29.99/Mo) and wash it depending on the weather (snow/salt) several times a week. At $9/wash, I make my money back every month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is everyone using for interior care? I have a Lariat with leather, wood grain ect, I used armoral (when I was young) and didn't like it. I have had good luck with Mother's for wheels, chrome ect, do they make anything for leather and dashboards and the rest of the interior. Or do you guys have something better?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I generally just like to wipe it down and keep it dust free. A little Windex on the chrome pieces doesn't hurt to keep them shiny. I use a window screen to keep the sun off the dash. I don't like armor all either, so I haven't found anything else to use. I'll probably use a leather conditioner here soon.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I like to use meguiar's natural shine interior detailer. It just makes everything look nice and clean. No sticky slimy mess like armor all.....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Had a Black '04 Ford Ranger, loved the way it looked. And it wasnt so much the dust / dirt / grime that bothered me, it was water spots... Pain in the arse to keep the white hard water stains at bay.

With the increase in sheet metal, I couldnt bring myself to buy an F150 in black. This thing is a marathon to wash anyway.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I used to have the need to keep my vehicles spotless...then I had kids. Ain't happening.

Reactions: nate2013eb

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
^^^^^ two Texas folks! It's impossible to keep our cars clean for more than 2 days. We have just given up!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Cars are easier. I didn't have to get a ladder out to wash my Stang.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Oh we keep it clean just not obsessively so. It is a Daily Driven truck it gets a cleaning every couple weeks. We have no kids so inside stays clean and it is usually weeks between rains here especially in summer so it usually needs just a light cleaning with dry wash waxall. Ive washed it with water twice in 10 months. The original comment was direct at the OP as a POKE type thing more than anything.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I keep mine clean, once winter comes not so much.

But to wipe it down every time it has dew on it? Ya, I'd say you are anal.
I'll wipe mine down after a wash if I'm meeting with a customer or I'm going to wax it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
To some of us it's a brand new truck that we are very proud of. I keep mine clean even if I do tend to mess it up in a field or on some gravel.....
Dear Hubby and i have an ongoing joke about this very thing! LOL!
I luv my new & shiny pickup!

The funny comes in when theres something to move or haul, and he wants to use the old Lightning with 425,000 miles on it "to save" mine from actual **WORK**! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts